What can i do after B.E ECE and 2 yrs IT experience ?

Hi Friends ,
Am BE graduate in ECE with 71% from VTU,
i wanted ( to say specifically : had confidence that i will go to core industry, but din't even get an interview ) to join core industry ,
and now came into IT, i dont want to continue here in IT,
i tried GATE by quitting job , but not able to get into IITs or NITs ( 12000AIR 😔 ), so again joined IT(IBM). at any cost i don't want to continue here ,
i tried UPSC/IES also , could not clear , i prefer to work independently like professional or to work in core electronics ,
so , any one please suggest how can i get in to core industry now, or what are possible opportunities for me to work independently.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : The first thing to do is to define your goal. It should be VERY concrete. You can't just try for GATE, UPSC/IES and other non-IT avenues. You need to define what you want to focus on and then concentrate your energies, attention and efforts in that direction.

First of all, if your aim is to get into core - find out what type of job would you like to be in. Once you find that out, check out all the possible ways to get into it. Then pick up the one that's achievable.

We can help you with that choice; but we need to know what is that path you want to travel on. It may not be a simple jump but could actually be mission that may expand to several month or years.
  • kashyap108
    kashyap108
    #-Link-Snipped-# thanks for the response, first thing is am unable to select which way is better

my ultimate aim is to work independently in electronics ( now i understood it is not possible to work independently even if i work in core industry for few years ,) , as of now, with my only engineering background i am not finding any way to achieve it , so I am in confusion that which way is better for me to achieve it,
    so please suggest me that which way is better , among GATE , IES or joining core industry ( and i don't want to continue in IT) , and other possible options ,

am ready to work hard with patience to achieve it . i need help from all you who are in this field .

thanks in advance for any suggestions
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kashyap108
    first thing is am unable to select which way is better
    It's easy! You need to first finalise your destination - like how do you imagine yourself as 'successful'. How would you like your career to look like when you're old. Those questions will immediately give you answers to what you want to become. Once that's decided, all you need to do is find out the best way to achieve that.
    kashyap108
    my ultimate aim is to work independently in electronics
    Independently work in electronics : does that mean you want to start your own company and do research work in electronics? It'd be nice if you could add more clarity so that we can come up with better suggestions.

IES, GATE, Job in Core sector are all the ways that may ultimately take you to your final destination. For example, if you want to start your own electronics company; you could start figuring out what'd you need to build that company. If it's absolutely required to have advanced knowledge of electronics - you may opt for self-study or even GATE.

Let's solve your problem #1: Clarification on working independently in electronics. What is it that you actually want to do?
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    join start-up or start start-up is the only solution of your every problem.
    And by that much experience i think you can easily attract any one core electronics start up to start with. At there you can use your each and every skills

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Chinese smartphone manufacturer, Coolpad has announced the launch of its affordable smartphones under the Dazen sub brand called ‘Coolpad Dazen 1’ and ‘Coolpad Dazen X7’ in India. Both the...
American tech-giant HP has unveiled new versions of its Pavilion and HP Omen laptops. With the audio system designed from Denmark-based audio brand Bang and Olufsen, HP this time wants...
Humans claim superiority over machines because of the smart skills we have and one of them is the ability to adapt quickly. But guess what? Robots aren't far behind in...
Every language has its own nuances. Being a student of Japanese language, I try to find the most mysteriously beautiful things about the pictographic world of "Nihongo". Over the course...
Quote: How would you like to work in a building shaped like a picnic basket? Or maybe you would like to visit a building made with limestone, rocks and shells...