What are the subjects/languages/tools/softwares to learn to become a Data Scientist?

What are the per-requisites of getting started with big data?
What is the difference between hadoop and Database?
Please help!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Did you search for the difference between hadoop and database on Google?
  • Aakash Gupta
    Aakash Gupta
    yeah, found it.👍
    could you please help me with the first question?
  • Aakash Gupta
    Aakash Gupta
    Yeah, found it. 👍
    could you please help me with the first question?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Many Universities offer on-line courses on Data Science. These are paid courses.
    Please see here for one such from the reputed Johns Hopkins University: (You can browse through the course content first)
    Data Science | Coursera
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazy24
    What are the per-requisites of getting started with big data?
    Well, big data itself is quite vast and is a collection of several programming tools, software and languages. So the repreqisite would depend on what part of big data you are looking at. But I'd guess you'd be better off learning the basics of UNIX environment. You haven't mentioned your existing skills-set and whether you've any exposure to programming. If you do not, you'll need a solid foundation in object oriented programming. You'll also need some exposure to databases and how they function. Try reading about MySQL and MongoDB and understand how they differ.

As Ramani sir said, you should look at couses available from Coursera or Udemy for deeper understanding of big data technologies. You might also want to look at free videos available on YouTube. This may not be the top video out there; but I think it has some relevant information about big data and stuff involved in Big Data.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was looking for wings of fire and it will cost me 225 Rs on Flipkart, what will be it's price if I purchase it on retail store? Also what...
What are the arguments for and against the use of CRISPR for human genetic engineering?
What are the coolest robots in the world?
I'm pretty sure most of us here have a smartphone and use it as a primary photo/video capturing device. I'm curious to know how many of us use the advanced...
American smartphone manufacturer InFocus has tied up with Amazon India to sell their new offering, the Bingo 50+. The InFocus Bingo 50+ shares a lot in common with its predecessor...