What are the GMAT Changes From 2012?

GMAC plans to make big changes to GMAT exam from 2012.

Overall the exams timing is retained the same in spite of addition of new integrated reasoning section. This new section will replace one of the two writing sections.

According to GMAC there would be some audio component to this section and this would be close to what MBA students experience in real life. The new section with have questions where they have to interpret graphs and spreadsheets to get to determine the relationship based on the information they have in hand.
Has anyone heard/read of any other changes? Please share.

Replies

• shreyas999
    shreyas999
    hii;
    i am studying in b.tech 3rd yr.
    i am planning to take GMAT this yr.
    I would lyk to do my MBA after my b.tech. Is it a right decision to pursue MBA abroad directly after B.tech with out any job experience??
    should i be taking the GMAT after the pattern changes or before?
    if i do mba directly after b.tech will my degree have a good value?

pls reply quickly with your opinions.
  • mathbyvemuri
    mathbyvemuri
    Break up of GMAT scoring scales
    AWA score (1-6)
    Integrated Reasoning score (1-8)
    Qunatitative score (0-60)
    Verbal score (0-60)
    Total GMAT score (200-800)

Salient Points regarding IR section:
    • The total GMAT score (out of 800) is only calculated off of your Quant and Verbal scores.
    • Even though Verbal and Quant sections of the GMAT are computer adaptive, the new IR section is not computer adaptive. How you answer one question will not affect what question is given to you next.
    • You will have 30 minutes to do 12 questions
    • Different Question Formats tested in IR:
    1. Graphics Interpretation – Interpret the graph and select the option from a drop-down list.
    2. Two-part Analysis – Select One Answer from each column to solve a problem with a two-part solution.
    3. Table Analysis - Sort the table to organize the data so you can determine whether certain condition are met.
    4. Multi-source reasoning – Click on the page to reveal different data and discern which date you need to answer the question.

(Courtesy to mba.com)
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Useful information. 👍
  • mathbyvemuri
    mathbyvemuri
    #-Link-Snipped-#,Thanks for the gesture

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today I crossed the 4K Posts on CE. 😒 I don't know how many of them are useful but i am always trying my best to make CE better and...
Green Engineering is a topic that is trending in almost all fields of society. Engineers can be the pivots in revolutionizing the whole scenario. While thinking about this topic, I...
Affixa Basic File Size: 361 It allows you to attach files to emails from the desktop without launching any mail system. Affixa works with Yahoo! Mail, Gmail and desktop mail...
The Indians have been divided over the issue of the black money. There are many who believe that India will never bring the black money from all over the world...
There are many Yog (Yoga) followers all over the world. It's believed that Yog has immense healing powers and ability to remove stress. Engineers life is full of solving complex...