Welcome To Civil & Structural Engineering Forum!

CEans,

We're happy to introduce a separate Civil & Structural Engineering section. Earlier, the Civil engineering section was clubbed with Mechanical engineering section and lot of CEans demanded that we separate those sections. We've therefore introduced Civil & Structural engineering section and renamed the Mechanical engineering section as 'Mechanical and Automobile' Engineering πŸ˜€

I'm sure our Civil CEans will contribute amazing ideas and knowledge in this section and help fellow engineers.

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    this is awesome news 😁

i'm sure this section will rock in the days to come 😁
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Congratulations CE for the new section. Our CE is growing each day.😁
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Thanks for this new section!!😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's Civil & Structural engineer's responsibility to fill this section with awesomeness πŸ‘
  • sarah_joy
    sarah_joy
    thank you big_K for giving a separate section for the Civil Ceans..
    i hope civil ceans share their amazing thought here! πŸ‘
  • rajcivil2k6
    rajcivil2k6
    That's good, but still i feel it should have been only "CIVIL ENGINEERING" because structure is part of Civil. Just a thought
  • ram 783
    ram 783
    thanks to give us a new forum of civil engineering
  • ahmedhanif007
    ahmedhanif007
    hey i m a newbie here...... hope to get loadz of info on civil frm here..... πŸ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    ahmedhanif007
    hey i m a newbie here...... hope to get loadz of info on civil frm here..... πŸ˜€
    welcome! πŸ˜€ do be active in the civil section and also introduce yourself here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Fred63
    Fred63
    hope we can make a dent to our neighbors and communities specially to the poor ones, and we can share to our world for better living..
  • insane.nick
    insane.nick
    i want to tell you all the civil engineers now feel free to share some information.
  • Abood_ajmal
    Abood_ajmal
    i think there are only few active member's in Civil engineering Form
    Hey guys! This site looks interesting so I'm looking forward to contributing in any way I can.

Please take a look at my first contribution to the forum. Hope you can see the fun in it πŸ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Gizz
    Gizz
    hi.. i am also a newbie here. and i currently need some helpful information or tips about reinforced concrete design.. is there any idea as to where i can find these?
  • gopaldeshpande
    gopaldeshpande
    I require a detailed and actual process of how a building is designed with a real example of the design with drawings. e.g. how is it decided to go for a open footing or a pile foundation? The actual design of footings or piles, pile caps. Then the design of columns, beams, slabs, OH water tanks, staircases etc with actual examples and drawings etc. till the completed structural drawing is issued for execution at site.

With regards,
    Gopal
    (#-Link-Snipped-#)
  • aliasghar1366
    aliasghar1366
    gopaldeshpande
    I require a detailed and actual process of how a building is designed with a real example of the design with drawings. e.g. how is it decided to go for a open footing or a pile foundation? The actual design of footings or piles, pile caps. Then the design of columns, beams, slabs, OH water tanks, staircases etc with actual examples and drawings etc. till the completed structural drawing is issued for execution at site.

With regards,
    Gopal
    (#-Link-Snipped-#)
    hi
    i can help you to learn... but can't explain all these things here... whats your idea??? what way you propose to learn you how you should design a building?
  • Saiwal
    Saiwal
    hello everyone.
    I'm very excited to be here. Hope to learn a lot from all of you.
  • anilmishra
    anilmishra
    We all Civil Engineers should start thinking & contributing our thoughts here in the forum about how we can help this forum grow and how & in what ways we all can contribute to this forum and make this useful to all our fellows.
  • gopaldeshpande
    gopaldeshpande
    anilmishra
    We all Civil Engineers should start thinking & contributing our thoughts here in the forum about how we can help this forum grow and how & in what ways we all can contribute to this forum and make this useful to all our fellows.
    I require a detailed and actual process of how a building is designed with a real example of the design with drawings. e.g. how is it decided to go for a open footing or a pile foundation? The actual design of footings or piles, pile caps. Then the design of columns, beams, slabs, OH water tanks, staircases etc with actual examples and drawings etc. till the completed structural drawing is issued for execution at site.If you can provide this one it can help me to a great extent.
  • gopaldeshpande
    gopaldeshpande
    difference between a peet valve, globe valve and gate valve
  • gopaldeshpande
    gopaldeshpande
    grades in PVC pipes
  • gopaldeshpande
    gopaldeshpande
    how is chisel energy of a rotary hydraulic rig calculated during drinning borehole for pile foundation?
  • hm20284
    hm20284
    Yes. It was an excellent idea. I will try to contribute to this section/forum as much as I can.
    I suggest everyone whom downloads an useful material/document or find a discussion of personal/particular interest, should be grateful to whom uploaded and shared the material/document or started the discussion by clicking on "Like" button, so all of us motivate ourselves and we try to keep spreading the knowledge.
  • akhouri
    akhouri
    I recently joined this forum hope i will be getting lots of information on civil structural quries..
  • suguna026
    suguna026
    hi , i had register here on sep 2012 , and then i was bsy with my exams.. i m back now .. i m civil engineer 2nd yr student .. would like to meet new friend n information here..
  • Jakezee
    Jakezee
    Thanks a lot. Hope this will serve as a hub for CEans
  • Rijul Dhiman
    Rijul Dhiman
    Thanks a lot for creating a separate section for civil engineers.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# - Good to know from you. Why not start discussions on various topics related to Civil engineering or participate in existing discussions? That'd be great way to learn and connect with others πŸ˜€
  • suguna026
    suguna026
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# - Good to know from you. Why not start discussions on various topics related to Civil engineering or participate in existing discussions? That'd be great way to learn and connect with others πŸ˜€
    i m still aving confusion using of this sitee ... dnt knw the func of each pages !! πŸ˜”
  • suguna026
    suguna026
    actually , i wanna keep in touch here n wanna get information 4rm here n wanna make friendship with the wan in civil department !! but i could nt able to ...
  • Rijul Dhiman
    Rijul Dhiman
    I am a 1st year (civil) student. Please tell me about the important subjects in civil engineering?
  • Gizz
    Gizz
    The_Big_K
    I agree with you. There should be a discussion/thread for every particular topic related to Civil Engineering. I just wish there would be generous people(anyone in the field of CE) who're willing to share their thoughts.
  • Ashwin Thomas
    Ashwin Thomas
    hey guys!!! need help in here!!!
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sunny Hada
    Sunny Hada
    pls provide me IRC-15-2011 by email at the earliest please........ by email
  • kmo1975
    kmo1975
    Dear Kaustubh Katbare

It was my mistake to request a link of an e book here yesterday.
    Dont hesitate to remove it as it is just a waste
    of time.

Have a nice day
    k
  • KimberlyMeyer
    KimberlyMeyer
    Congratulations to all #-Link-Snipped-# for the new section. Our CE grows each day and plays a significant role in all kind of environment.
  • prrasantth
    prrasantth
    gopaldeshpande
    difference between a peet valve, globe valve and gate valve
    We’ll start by looking at globe valves and ball valves. The main difference between these two types is the way they close. A globe valve uses a plug (stem) that closes against the flow, and a ball valve has a gate (ball) that closes across the flow. Globe valves are good for regulating flow, whereas ball valves are better for on/off control without pressure drop
  • Archananayak
    Archananayak
    I am a newbie here..hoping to get loadz of new ideas
  • maniesh kumar
    maniesh kumar
    hi this maniesh , doing civil eng . please some new projects topics for final related to structural and also in all civil stream
  • maniesh kumar
    maniesh kumar
    please tell some civil engineering projects topics in structural and in all civil stream. give some information abt latest technologies in construction of high rise structures
  • Rachel25
    Rachel25
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEans, We're happy to introduce a separate Civil & Structural Engineering section. Earlier, the Civil engineering section was clubbed with Mechanical engineering section and lot of CEans demanded that we separate those sections. We've therefore introduced Civil & Structural engineering section and renamed the Mechanical engineering section as 'Mechanical and Automobile' Engineering πŸ˜€ I'm sure our Civil CEans will contribute amazing ideas and knowledge in this section and help fellow engineers.
  • moeenakhter
    moeenakhter
    y
  • moeenakhter
    moeenakhter
    Dear admin why are you deleting my comments
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    moeenakhter
    Dear admin why are you deleting my comments
    Because you were warned multiple times of spamming. Further spamming would lead to permanent ban on your account.
  • moeenakhter
    moeenakhter
    s
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Because you were warned multiple times of spamming. Further spamming would lead to permanent ban on your account.
    sorry kaustubh
  • Rkreddy
    Rkreddy
    Hi am RAVI ..can u olz tel me what is the qualification for to become a Tekla moduler or BIM design engineer.. And is any possibility to move to moduler from detailing .....plz share and improve knowledge.....
  • Rahul Leslie
    Rahul Leslie
    Dear Gizz (post #15) & Gopal (post #20),
    You may follow the slide show on "Modelling Building Frame with STAAD.Pro & ETABS" (
    ) to learn the basics of building modelling.
    For seismic, follow the link on the last page of the above slide show.

Rahul Leslie
  • RAJAT KUMAR KOLEY
    RAJAT KUMAR KOLEY
    can any one give me idea regarding uses procedure of fly ash in Railway embankment. Plz also suggest how can i use fly ash/bottom ash in Railway embankment ,
  • Erresponsible CE
    Erresponsible CE
    Has any one heard about optical translucent concrete??? Does anyone know correct ratio to make a 1' block of it
  • Erresponsible CE
    Erresponsible CE
    I tried to make it but I failed.I think so my water mix ratio is not correct.
  • H DEEPAK KUMAR
    H DEEPAK KUMAR
    HI
    I have a doubt that as a civil designer in future, which course is preferable
    I mean staad r Etabs
  • rkr19091981
    rkr19091981
    hi guys, i am writing a code for static analysis of portal frames. the intention is to put some point loads on the structure and analyse it to get the response. could some one explain how to consider the self weight of structure in the analysis.
  • Raj Kumar Kannan
    Raj Kumar Kannan
    Hi i am interested in learning a lot from u peoples
  • Riley BerthasHusband
    Riley BerthasHusband

I'm doing some charity work that involves putting a wire rope under tension between Β  8x16 cinder block walls. non filled with red brick facing
    I can't find anything down and dirty on this subject.
    Can someone point me in the correct direction?

Specs.
    >12" block walls
    >distance between walls is 60'
    >load on cable is 350# max. with possible doubling of weight due to shock.
    > plan to sandwich blocks between steel plates with eye bolt thruΒ center.
    > 3/32 DIA. coated wire rope.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We have split the Mechanical & Civil engineering section into following two sections - Mechanical & Automobile Engineering Civil & Structural Engineering Please head over to the new sections...
Google Earth is an interesting software that provides latest satellite images. I'm wondering whether Civil Engineers find this software useful in their work, study and research. If yes, how? πŸ˜€
We published our Small Talk with the Chief Engineer of Bloodhound SSC Project : Mark Chapman - Bloodhound SSC: The 1000mph Engineering Adventure - CrazyEngineers I'm so impressed by the...
I'm an Electrical engineer but have immense interest in Civil & Structural Engineering - because you are the ones who build all the awesome structures. Which subject is the toughest...
Computer Science is now becoming as fundamental to science as mathematics already is and with a hope to bring together the budding computer scientist and engineers of our country together...