Weekend Online Group Discussion #1 : Participate & Win Prize!

We're happy to announce the launch of Weekend debate through #-Link-Snipped-# - our online real time chat tool. Here's how it works -

1. A general topic for debate will be announced at the start of the week (Monday/Tuesday).

2. CEans who want to participate will have to confirm their attendance by Friday in the same week.

3. Final list of participants will be declared before the conference / debate starts and only those who have confirmed their participation will be able to take part in the conference.

4. The conference will last for not 60 or 90 minutes depending upon the particpation.

5. A moderator will moderate the conference and decide the winner of the debate/conference based on the overall quality of points made during the chat.

6. The Winner will receive a gift voucher from us or direct cash if the gift voucher isn't possible. ๐Ÿ‘

7. Mod's decision in selecting the winner will be final and remain unchallenged.

Got It! What Next?

1. We're going ahead with a very general topic to to attract more participation.

2. See the topic below and confirm your participation by replying to this thread with 'AYE ๐Ÿ‘', on or before Friday April 19, 2013, 11:59 PM (IST).

TOPICโ€‹
"Should Education Be Free For Everyone?"โ€‹
Conference Time: Sunday 3 PM - 4 PM (IST)โ€‹
โ€‹
Update (17 April, 8:27 PM IST): We've an overwhealming response. Registrations have been closed! โ€‹
3. Make sure you study the topic well & collect important points you can share. Well thought & studied points & arguments will strengthen your position in the GD.โ€‹
โ€‹
Questions, Comments & Of Course - Participation Confirmation is welcome in following comments.โ€‹

Replies

• Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    AYE ๐Ÿ˜
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘

I wish we could have voice chat or something to go with it, but as they say, if wishes were horses..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gurjap
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘

I wish we could have voice chat or something to go with it, but as they say, if wishes were horses..
    That may come later but most of the voice conferences quickly turn into fish markets. There's other way - we use Google Hangouts.

But having a text-based conference makes sure everyone gets to express their opinon.

This is just the beginning and we'll take it to newer levels if the initial few conferences are successful. Please keep spreading the word among your friends & colleagues.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘
  • Pratim Singha
    Pratim Singha
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘
  • N.Gowtham Raj
    N.Gowtham Raj
    AYE
  • monkey_007
    monkey_007
    AYE๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
  • ani725
    ani725
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • priyam avasthy
    priyam avasthy
    AYE๐Ÿ˜€
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    AYE

(DONT WE HAVE A BIGGER FONT SIZE THAN FIVE)
  • glory agarwal
    glory agarwal
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘
  • Divya Nair
    Divya Nair
    AYE๐Ÿ‘
  • preene
    preene
    'AYE ๐Ÿ‘' ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great participation, folks! The excitement is building up. I'll announce the list of participants. Please make sure you collect all the best points / facts / figures before you attempt the GD.
  • swatsgupta123
    swatsgupta123
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    What if a passerby wants to make a comment without being a participant?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    What if a passerby wants to make a comment without being a participant?
    You're welcome to participate, sire. We'll exclude you from the competition / prizes.
  • graphite
    graphite
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    AYE๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Amazing rate of participation. I'm excited to see so many CEans being up for the activity. ๐Ÿ˜

Looking forward to the weekend.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If the participation continues to grow - we'll really have to put a limit on how many can participate.

We don't want the conference to turn into fish market. I'm sure we all have a lot to learn from our first online conference ๐Ÿ˜€
  • iwishiwin
    iwishiwin
    'AYE ๐Ÿ‘'
  • sulochana anand
    sulochana anand
    AYE
  • nii
    nii
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘
  • amitkumarverma
    amitkumarverma
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think, we must send a reminder to everyone putting up an AYE here a day before the event. I really want to see a lot of arguments and a fiery discussion. โ˜•
  • SurEC93
    SurEC93
    AYE ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright folks! This is more overwhelming than we thought! Too many participants would make it difficult for us to have a meaningful conversation/conference/debate.

We're closing the entries for now. Final list of participants will be announced on Friday.

Those who who couldn't join this time, we'll be doing this more frequently - maybe twice or thrice a week.

Registration for Weekend Debate #1 Has Been Closed!โ€‹
  • suyash deshmukh
    suyash deshmukh
    Not participating..yet excited.!!
    Wow.. what an opportunity to see various issues and aspects raised.!!
    Can't wait till weekend..
    So many things to learn..๐Ÿ˜€
    Cheers Guys.. ๐Ÿ‘
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    'AYE ๐Ÿ‘'
  • Hussanal Faroke
    Hussanal Faroke
    Not participating..
    I have a request, please publish the entire conference available after sunday... not just minutes.. ๐Ÿ˜”I don't want to miss it..๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, we will publish the entire conference in the form of a thread. No one will miss it. ๐Ÿ˜€

Special instructions will be published in some time for all the participants.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google Glass Tech Specs are out - exposing the electronics inside the tiny sticks that put the computing right in front of your eyes. When Google demonstrated the Glass project,...
We know you all were jealous when Google announced the launch of 1 Gbps Google Fiber service in Kansas City. Then it was the Startup Village in Kochi, India that...
Just out in news is the headline about one of the most-awaited launch in the car-segment for 2013. The diesel-variant of TATA Nano. While it's true that we won't be...
Many of them don't know how to find computer name. We want computer name to connect multiple PC's with a printer. And also somewhere your computer name will be used...
Panasonic's new entry in the Indian tablet market has got us two new Toughpads (the name stands out because of the shock-absorbing design that these tablets boast of). We have...