Website Designing Software

Hi!
Hope Someone can help me?

Let me describe abt myself so u can guide me the right way, am a regular internet surfer but I dont have any knowledge abt html, flash nor dreamweaver which are required to create a website.

I want to create a website which includes community, photos, videos, current news, forums, search option and ads (marketing) like google addsense. I want the page to be look somewhat like crazyengineers and apple.com (not the main page).

I tried some software builders such as websitex5 and web easy pro 6 but the problem's that the themes provided cannot be modified or changed. Can anyone help me get a good software where i can edit or modify almost everything including the theme, pics and background without using a blank page which requires a lot of script knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mapiscor
    Hi!
    Hope Someone can help me?

Let me describe abt myself so u can guide me the right way, am a regular internet surfer but I dont have any knowledge abt html, flash nor dreamweaver which are required to create a website.

I want to create a website which includes community, photos, videos, current news, forums, search option and ads (marketing) like google addsense. I want the page to be look somewhat like crazyengineers and apple.com (not the main page).

I tried some software builders such as websitex5 and web easy pro 6 but the problem's that the themes provided cannot be modified or changed. Can anyone help me get a good software where i can edit or modify almost everything including the theme, pics and background without using a blank page which requires a lot of script knowledge.

Thanks in advance.
    Sure we can help you! Let me try to answer your question.

Mapiscor, first of all, please understand that even though knowledge of HTML, CSS, Flash or Dreamweaver is not needed to build a website; it would certainly help if you know a bit of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

From what you mentioned, I'd suggest that you give a try to "Content Management Systems" - ready made, customizable software that installs on the web server. There are plenty of Open Source CMSs available out there. Do take a look at Joomla, Mambo, Drupal, OpenCMS, phpNuke, WordPress. Each of these CMSs can be customized to any extent (looking at your requirements, you'll need some professional help to customize the CMS).

Do take a look at the CMSs which I've mentioned. Let us know if we can be of further help.

All the best! [โ€‹IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Today, four crazy engineers from our community celebrate their birthday - Wishing Very HapPy & Prosperous Birthday to Ruhi, joe3204, Mahesh & aryadeb ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Party on! Folks! ๐ŸŽ‰ โ€‹
greetings fellow engineers i'm doin my bachelors in electronics and electrical.. someone please sugest ideas 4 my final year project.. it surgent..๐Ÿ˜•
hi there. im an electrical engineering student. can anyone give me somre information about SPACEWARP TECHNOLOGY?
Hey All techies, If you do have experience in working on Facebook applications, then do drop me a line. I am searching for 1-2 developers for a personal project of...
plzzzzzzzz anyone gve me idea 4 minor project topic quick