Web based voting system

Hello
I had been through a paper on Web based voting system which suggests a method to cast vote online and then encrypt the vote and also add a digital signature to it before being sent to the server. But no details regarding how the keys are generated for signing is mentioned. The diagrams given in the paper suggest that the user is supposed to enter the private key. Can anyone suggest some secure method to generate pair of keys for digitally signing data??

Replies

• avi2
    avi2
    why not a random number?
  • deepta
    deepta
    avi2
    why not a random number?
    But how is it possible that both private and public key be random numbers. They must have a relation. Isn't it?
  • avi2
    avi2
    in that case, you can use client's machine keys itself
  • deepta
    deepta
    avi2
    in that case, you can use client's machine keys itself
    But can you give me a clear idea about it.
  • avi2
    avi2
    yeah, what details you want?

you can use ssh keys of the person. they are unique as they can be and come in pair. You can have public key and match his private key during authentication
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    avi2
    yeah, what details you want?

you can use ssh keys of the person. they are unique as they can be and come in pair. You can have public key and match his private key during authentication
    Can we access system ssh keys through web?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Perhaps you need to read about Digital Signatures and Pretty Good Privacy first.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone suggest thesis topics for M-Tech on forensics data analysis??
According to a group of researchers from Canada, energy can be harvested while performing the activities such as talking, chewing, and eating. To generate electricity from such jaw movements, the...
Hello, my fellow engineers. I just got selected in Infosys through campus placement drive. Here i want to share my TI+HR experience or should i say "Pls tell me more...
My name is radha gupta. Currently I am doing post-graduation from computers.
Amazon has launched a new e-book reader that is fit for kings. The Kindle Voyage is the company’s most expensive e-book reader with a price tag of $199 (12,123 INR)...