WAVICLE 2016 By - Techno India SPIE Student Chapter

Event Name: WAVICLE 2016
Organised by: Techno India SPIE Student Chapter
In Kolkata, West Bengal
Event Dates - Jul 26, 2016 at 10:00 AM to Jul 27, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Venue Address: Techno India, EM 4/1 Sector V, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700091

Engineers from following branches can attend the event -
Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications, Mechanical, Automation, Chemical, Robotics, Instumentation, Other

Various Events at WAVICLE 2016
Inaugural talk by Dr Abhas Mitra
The internationally acclaimed physicist will speak on the research/ job prospects of engineers in astronomy and on his work on black holes.

Lecture by Dr Bishnu Pal
The former HOD of physics at IIT Delhi will speak on Light based Technologies, IYL 2015 and Application specific Specialty Optical fibers.

Lecture by Dr Kallol Bhattacharya
Current General Secretary of OSI and Associate Professor, University of Calcutta. His research interests are in Optical Metrology. He will deliver a lecture on Microscopy.

PhyQuest (Quiz competition)
Teams comprising a maximum of 3 members will compete in a thrilling quiz based on the Wonders of Physics.

Neuerung(Model Exhibition)
Our chapter members have continuously striven to prepare innovative models related to optics, which will be displayed.

Highlights: SPIE(International Society for Optics and photonics) is a USA based research organization.
I have come to know about CE from our chapter vice president and friend, Debasmita Banerjee who is a voice blogger at your esteemed site.

Registration Deadline: Jul 15, 2016 at 12:00 AM

Entry is free? Yes

Connect with us on -
Facebook:

Guest Speakers Dr Abhas Mitra, Dr Bishnu Pal, Dr Kallol Bhattacharya

Accommodation Availability: Yes
How to apply for accommodation?
Limited number of out station guests can get accommodation. For queries contact Aishik Biswas( +91 8334962623)

Name of Contact Person: Aishik Biswas
Contact Number: +91 8334962623
Email Address: #-Link-Snipped-#

The organizer is looking for: Sponsorship, Merchandise

Replies

• Aishik Biswas
    Aishik Biswas
    Hello Everyone! We have just eight days left for Wavicle 2016 and I hope all of you are feeling excited about Kolkata's first ever Scientific Light festival. We invite students from all over the country to participate and witness this scientific extravaganza! All event and registration details can now be found on our event website:#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have used sunlight or solar energy to create electricity, to heat water, for cooking, growing plants, drying cloths and getting a nice tan at the beach. Now researchers at...
Researchers in MIT’s Research Laboratory of Electronics discovered a new spectroscopic method to detect materials based on their spectroscopic ‘fingerprints’. The technology can be applied in identifying different kinds of...
Spotify is not available in India. However, somehow I tried Spotify client on my Linux desktop and it's now working fine. Funny thing is I am not even using tor...
NASA successfully launched its super presser balloon (SPB) from Wanaka Airport (New Zealand) at 11:35 AM on 17th of May. The balloon has been redesigned and modified from the previous...
How far can a battery sustain itself in extreme conditions? This is one of those challenges for which scientific minds are putting all their efforts to find a practical solution...