Waterproofing the pcc layer and friction !

Good evening engineers , actually I m really confused I poured 10 cm pcc layer last week and now I want to isolate the pcc layer by rubberised bitumen emulison poly coat to protect the bottom of the rcc reinforcement coz we all know that rcc is isolated from all elevations except bottom where pcc is under the rcc but some expirenced engineer say that waterproofing the pcc weakens the friction between the rcc and the pcc

What is the best solution to do and what is the best bitumen for water proofing the foundation ??? And how many layers of bitumen is enough to provide protection!!!!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Maybe the discussions here will be of help:
    Why we need to do PCC?
  • Jay Kosta
    Jay Kosta
    How smooth is the top surface of the pcc?
    Has it been smoothed with a float, broom finish, unfinished after being screed, ... ?
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Homi
    Good evening engineers , actually I m really confused I poured 10 cm pcc layer last week and now I want to isolate the pcc layer by rubberised bitumen emulison poly coat to protect the bottom of the rcc reinforcement coz we all know that rcc is isolated from all elevations except bottom where pcc is under the rcc but some expirenced engineer say that waterproofing the pcc weakens the friction between the rcc and the pcc

What is the best solution to do and what is the best bitumen for water proofing the foundation ??? And how many layers of bitumen is enough to provide protection!!!!
    Hello,

May I know why you need to isolate it and why you prefer only Bitumen.
    As per my knowledge Bitumen thick sheets may use to absorb the vibration transmitted by the building (Eg. Bridges) and act as a cushion.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2017 kicks off officially tomorrow but Lenovo has decided not to wait and announce its new gadgets to ramp up the excitement before the event begins...
Lenovo has updated its ThinkPad X1 range of devices just in time for CES 2017. The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 had been unveiled a year ago at the same event last...
Stuck on an exam question and its holidays to I can't contact teachers so please help me out people. "Background This piece of coursework covers 100% of the marks for...
I want to studying solid work automobile designe software and how to start up my career in design field.....??
What about DTDM DIPLOMA careers.