Water level controller

hello, i made a project on water level controller using pic16f877a i made a pgm using c language it works very well when i run it on software protious but it cant't be run on hardware.when i give the ucontroller one from its ckt board input nothing happens but if i gives from external means it shows garbage value on lcd. can anybody help me?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    What is the goal of the project?
    There are dozens of designs of water level controllers, which are simple, rugged and work unattended that do not need a microcontroller for fixed point control. Is yours continuous monitoring. How is the level sensing done?
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    i used four level in a tank and the lcd will print all the four levels and if the water reaches its reserved level then the relay operated water pump will starts automatically and if tank is full then water pump stops automatically.so i don't use a alarm i want to make the tank independent not be need to check everyday.Till now i don't connect anything to sense water but i think to use floating switch.but it don't respond when i give input to microcontroller.
    one more thing are we able to operate the microcontroller input in low manner.for eg. if we gives zero then it works but as we make the port as input it itself set it as zero and don't work?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Does a four discrete level indicator controller require a microcontroller at all? Seems to be an overkill.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    A.V.Ramani
    Does a four discrete level indicator controller require a microcontroller at all? Seems to be an overkill.
    i don't understand what you say but i want to tell you that i used the four pins for water sensing.circuit diagram is below
    upload_2013-10-4_14-8-11
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am afraid that this kind of electronics is beyond my knowledge. My opinion is that we do not need a microcontroller for this application.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    A.V.Ramani
    I am afraid that this kind of electronics is beyond my knowledge. My opinion is that we do not need a microcontroller for this application.
    i know this but i want to use microcontroller pls help.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    In my work I only describe what the sequence of a process is and the accuracy of control needed. I also handle any unexpected ground loops that always give trouble. The actual circuit design, pcb design and the programming are done by the concerned experts in the team.
    I am unable to give you any suggestions.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    any other one who can help i need it plssssssssssss.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Your problem may be with the five probes used in the tank. Can you describe how they are constructed?
    Since the bottom probe is at +5V, each level should go to +5V when the water level reaches that. But you are mentioning a low input. Where is the contradiction?
    May be you should ground each input point of the microcontroller (A,B,C,D points) through a suitable resistor for each so that when the probes are above the water level the corresponding input remains low.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    no sir i also provided the +5V to the each probe but it can't worked and in programing i set that the lowest level just by it giving it one but in upper levels it must contain lower levels also one so do it in programing and worked well on proteous software but on hardware it can not worked.are u understand pls help.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Please see this circuit. The inputs are grounded through resistors as I suggested. Open inputs can give trouble with micro controllers. Also if you are using ordinary conductivity probes you may need additional transistor to change the impedance.
  • allianx
    allianx
    use micro switch
  • J Biswas
    J Biswas
    If you are making this project for own test experiment purpose then add some salt in water and make IOs to capture analog inputs (do not depend on threshold Vil and Vih of the controller). Also think of adding probes to BJT base point (as on/off switch).

But if thinking commercially, a huge amount of parameters need to be thought of viz. motor dry runs, probe rusting, backup relay system, MCLR stabilizer, signal drops from probe to controller, voltage monitoring before switching on relays etc. 877A chipset is definitely an overkill.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I think this is because of the voltage level. You may have to increase your voltage level to 12 if you want current passing through 12 supply to other nodes A,B,C,D.

You also need to check all this things before putting it in real.
    Try to measure voltage at A,B,C,D points by DMM and let me know what is the voltage level on these points.
  • ogundele kehinde samuel
    ogundele kehinde samuel
    Hello! I want 2 ask some questions. Here is it:
    1. In an automated sealing machine, Name: soontrue, MODEL: ZW-502LG. What can bring abt d joining, opening and not properly cutting and sealing well of the waterproof(film), using?
    2. What's the main function of slip ring in a machine?
    3. What is d difference btw amarture and slip ring bcos both uses brush?
    4. What can bring abt immediate over heating in a motor and a motor running just for 20min and off with stoppn it?
    Thanks.
  • JP EZHILAN CH RIDER
    JP EZHILAN CH RIDER
    hi u send me the proteus circuit to my mail....... #-Link-Snipped-#
    ill help u its easy to do
  • JP EZHILAN CH RIDER
    JP EZHILAN CH RIDER
    JP EZHILAN CH RIDER
    hi u send me the proteus circuit to my mail....... #-Link-Snipped-#
    ill help u its easy to do
    sry i saw ur circuit
  • JP EZHILAN CH RIDER
    JP EZHILAN CH RIDER
    JP EZHILAN CH RIDER
    sry i saw ur circuit
    there is no need for h bridge IC pls dont try the prototype . do the real one just use a relay driver board ir will work.....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tanks are the military vehicles which always make me speechless and the automobile engineering behind it make me wondered. Tanks have the best design to be operated both on road...
Should the dress code in (work places) companies should be regulated? I am not against any profession but I am sure that it is a debatable topic. Should there be...
hello friends, A little doubt while reading noise in electronic devices. Is there any difference in the physical interpretation of power density and power density spectrum. why there is a...
Watching live TV on your smartphone and mobile has just become easier with Dish TV’s subscription based streaming service DishOnline. Dish TV subscribers can use the DishOnline service on web...
I have made a project on Point of Sale.It is a web based application,runs on an Intranet network. Front-End---Asp.net Back-End---Sqlserver IDE ---Visual Studio 2012 It is an inventory management system....