Want to get idea on Biomedical Research Equipments

Dear Sir,

I am from Silicon Institute of Technology. We want to start a Biomedical Research Lab. We have a budget of 2.5Lakh. I need your suggestion for the equipments in the Lab. We had a plan for NI ELVIS II and Vernier Bioinstrumentation but this exceeds our budget. Please tell me if you know any supplier and instruments which will provide something within our budget.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,
Ananyaja Debadipta
Cell: 95564 19637

Asst Professor
Silicon Institute of Technology,
Silicon Hills, Patia
Bhubaneswar, Orissa

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Discussion moved to Biomedical engineering section. Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# for his inputs 😀 .
  • Ananyaja Debadipta
    Ananyaja Debadipta
    Thank you sir
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    For a reasonably well equipped Biomedical research laboratory one needs a budget 1000 times what you have specified. Unless you give much more details about the scope of research it is almost impossible to give any meaningful suggestions.
    If the idea is only to a BTech programme in Electromedical area one can do some thing with about 2.5 crores. Anything more ambitious will need a much larger budget.
    DST and DBT of Govt of India have enough funds and are willing to fund well conceived programmes.

I suggest that you visit The Biomedical Technology Wing (BMT Wing) of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology, Trivandrum, which is an Institute of National Importance uder DST, Govt of India.
    Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum (SCTIMST)

I can link you up with the present head of the wing and arrange for a discussion. After seeing this facility you will be in a better position to formulate a programme for SIT.

I was associated with formulating the BTech syllabus in BME for some of the universities. I can send you details if you send me your contact details through my profile or an email.

It is a major job. One has to take time to formulate the goals properly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What would most suitable tech items for enterpreneurship. What is the budget required to start a solar lantren or LED lighting buisness.
It's been ~100+ days after Narendra Modi took over the big boss's role in India. The man's been at work and hasn't taken a day off. Just wanted to know...
Hi all, Technovanza 2014, India's leading Technical Festival, in association with Google Developers Group, Mumbai brings to you "Geeklist #hack4good" hackathon against climate change in Mumbai. "Geeklist #hack4good" is an...
OnePlus One is 'the next' phone launch in India everyone is waiting for. In an AMA (ask me anything) session company's executives confirmed that the pre-orders of OnePlus One in...
Google's all set to unveil low-budget Android phone(s) in India on September 15 powered by Android One. The price of these phones is likely to be between Rs. 6K -...