Volkswagen Polo GT TSI And TDI Variants Get New Features

Volkswagen India has unveiled its new variant of the popular hatchback with Volkswagen Polo GT with added features, now ready to roll out on the streets. Coming in two variants - TSI and TDI, the new Polo GT 2015 had a slightly quiet launch, but since the car has arrived just ahead of the festive season, the company does plan to boost its sales. The major competitors of the hatchback in India are Abarth Punto Evo, the Hyundai Elite i20 as well as Maruti Suzuki Swift. Let's find out the highlights of the new car and specifications of the both the variants.

On the exterior, among the features that stand out - there's considerably lighter 'Estrada' Alloy Wheels, Dual Beam halogen headlamps in black finish and the new front fog lamp design with cornering lamps. The unique GT badge on the front grille will distinguish the car from the rest.

Volkswagen_Polo_GT_India

On the interior, the dual tone seats with height adjustments for the driver feature 'Milan' Titanschwarz fabric upholstery as well as adjustable head restraints and folding backrests. The doorstep has been garnished with the sporty logo embossed on the threshold. The new aluminium pedal cluster is sure to make the driver happy and the revamped front multimedia console equipped with a speedometer, an odometer, and a rev counter definitely make an appeal.

The center console can be controlled by voice commands even to connect your smartphone to the entertainment unit, which consists of CD/MP3 player with USB, Aux-in, SD card input and 4 Speakers. The Monochrome MFD (Multi-Function Display) includes travelling time, distance travelled, digital speed display, average speed and fuel efficiency.

Volkswagen Polo GT TSI

The Polo GT TSI variant comes with a 1.2L that delivers 105 PS max power and 175 Nm torque. It boasts of a 7-speed DSG (Dual-shift Gearbox) transmission and as per ARAI the mileage is at 17.21 kmpl. The engine comes with a 1197 cc displacement and other specs include - 1109 kg kerb weight, 165 mm ground clearance, 45 litre fuel tank capacity and 185/60 R15 alloy wheels.

Volkswagen Polo GT TDI

A 1.5L TDI engine comes with a five - speed gearbox and delivers 105 PS power and 250 Nm torque. The mileage offered is a whopping 19.91 kmpl. Among the specs, the main highlights include 1498 cc engine displacement, 5-speed manual transmission, disc and drum brakes, 1148 kg kerb weight, 165 mm ground clearance, 45L fuel tank and the same alloy wheels as the TSI model.

Safety of the rider is ensured with Dual front airbags, rear parking sensors and ABS or Anti-lock Braking system. Apart from these, the features that stand out include - ESP or Electronic Stabilisation Programme (ESP), Sporty flat-bottom steering wheel design, Ambient lights, ORVM with turn indicators, Glovebox cooling, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs and Cruise control.

It is being said that the new premium offerings will add a cost of Rs. 10,000 – 15,000 over the current pricing. What are your thoughts about the new Volkswagen Polo GT variants and their features? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# What are your thoughts about the new features in the Polo GT variants?
  • yash wardhan
    yash wardhan
    now a days sir I m suffering from a
    question. I have done my be from production & industrial engineering. I have three questions to u if possible plz reply...expecting you will surely do
    1.madhya pradesh public service commission has notified for recruitment of assistant engineer in mechanical under department of water resources and public health and engineering. In the notification educational qualification required is mechanical engineering or equivalent. So can I apply?
    2.every year sir ssc is organised exam for Junior engineer in mechanical, civil and electrical.question is same as above for this.....
    sir I know your single moment of time is very precious precious.if u give me answer for this I will feel very grateful... Plz plz plz sir reply....
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# What are your thoughts about the new features in the Polo GT variants?
    Though the car fails to impress very analytic & logical Indian consumers , still Volkswagaon is very agressive in offerring with Polo GT , It has quite impressive specs in segment like Dual front airbags, rear parking sensors and ABS or Anti-lock Braking system ORVM with turn indicators, Glovebox cooling, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs and Cruise control. 👍 well hats off to VW for offerrings but still here they are dealing with Indian buyers which are one the best while investing in cars 😁 Let see how they respond to this Package 👍 . Though I am Fond of VW brand and I like VW Vento like anything but didn't get chance to drove Polo , But on the experience of Vento I can say Polo will be fun to drive.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Guys, I want to be professional content writer and i do write blogs and articles. My uniqueness of content is near about 90%-100% and no grammar mistakes, then why...
I have completed my b tech in mechanical engineering and learning german language.Is it necessary that i should have done any automobile course or diploma that hepls me to improve...
Instagram users had to use square shaped photos by default when publishing their clicks on the photo-sharing app. However, the company recently announced that they've introduced portrait and landscape mode...
Sir j... It is long time to see you.your teachings are very helpful in my struggling days. You have wonderful personality to attract anyone. God bless you.... now a days...
Chinese smartphone maker started off with the launch of Meizu m1 note which was launched in May for Rs 11,999. And its already out with an upgrade - the Meizu...