Viva Voce questions for your project topic

This discussion may look insane to many of you but the idea behind this discussion is to share what you know in your field.
  1. Just post your project topic
  2. Fellow CEans may ask related viva voce questions
  3. And you can request for correct answer

Replies

• SurEC93
    SurEC93
    Nice idea!
    So my topic is: 'Ultrasonic based multipurpose device for blind people'
    It's basically a device that helps a blind navigate. Also it is loaded with a heart rate and temperature sensor. Any abnormality detected in any of the two will lead to a message being sent by GSM as an emergency alert. Also the location of the person is to be traced with GPS and that is also sent through GSM.

May be it went a little long. But this is all from my side. And now the stage is open for questions, suggestions and doubts!!😁
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    SurEC93
    Nice idea!
    So my topic is: 'Ultrasonic based multipurpose device for blind people'
    It's basically a device that helps a blind navigate. Also it is loaded with a heart rate and temperature sensor. Any abnormality detected in any of the two will lead to a message being sent by GSM as an emergency alert. Also the location of the person is to be traced with GPS and that is also sent through GSM.

May be it went a little long. But this is all from my side. And now the stage is open for questions, suggestions and doubts!!😁
    Idea for good cause.great.
    How does it alert the blind people?
    Explain its mode or medium to communicate to blind people?
    Advantage over normal blind alerters?
  • SurEC93
    SurEC93
    1)A part of the device is hand mounted. We are using vibrators for both sides, one for left and another for right. As soon as there is an obstacle in the range it will vibrate, hence giving indication.

2)As said the medium is through the vibration of the vibrator which are in touch of
    the blind man's hand.

3)We have seen many devices usually head mounted, which can be irritable sometimes. Others are the speech based devices which give instructions through speaker, which can be messy in noisy environment. Hence this hand mounted orientation is a better way. Along with this we also measure bio medical parameters, which are usually not seen in such devices.
    Nice answers that clears my qusetions.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ Sarath This is such a great idea. I have made your post sticky. Let us have a lot of questions and answers. Anyone with similar project idea can get benefited a lot from this discussion. Great going!
    Hi CEans. I had finished my VIVA just few days back and I want to share my experience with you guys.
    POINTS TO REMEMBER:
    * Prepare the basics of the topic in which you had done the project.
    * Never panic
    * Prepare a presentation which is simple and explains the content to the best extent
    * Externals would like to know whether its a cost efficient one and has feasibility.So try to create charts and cost analysis to show your project is worth trying and cost analysis will cut short the doubts in externals mind. Add the cost analysis of your project at the end.
    * Don't add graphs or datas which you hadnt taken or know it in depth because adding unknown graph or copied data's can screw you.
    * Never argue with externals. Answer them politely and make them understand as they don't want to insulted by a UG student.
    * Always take fabricated workpiece or model with you during the project as it has marks.
    * Note that the coming external will not be a expert in all topics so the probability of asking basics is high.

My experience:
    My topic: Performance test on Single cylinder diesel engine fuelled with Neem Biodiesel

My viva questions:
    You would be shocked or think that the first question was so easy, idiotic and I hadnt extected this question.
    1) What is biodiesl?
    Correct Ans: Biofuel blended with diesel
    2) Which process did you use it to extract biofuel and is it cost effective?
    Ans: I used Transesterification process and it would be cost effective if performed in a large scale.
    3) What is the unit of Co emission in gas analyser?
    Ans; I said it was ppm and I argued for it to be correct but I failed as it was % in most gas analysers and some journals had said that it was ppm.

I request all Final year and 3rd year students to utilize this thread and i urge the CEans who had passed out of college to make this thread more beneficial and interesting.

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# and all other interested CEans.
  • robert34
    robert34
    Viva Voce questions can be anywhere from your area of study. They can ask anything to test your knowledge. You must aware of your project well and should gather and take account of everything related to your project topic and how your project is advantageous for those factors. Sometimes they might ask about point by point in your project and might ask to explain them clearly. So you must be well prepared to face any type of questions and should practice well to answer those queries.

For any doubts facing a viva voce and any interview tips, you can #-Link-Snipped-# to be acquainted with the guidelines and instructions and how to present it before the examiners.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    #-Link-Snipped-# I appreciate and must say the idea behind this post is awesome. 😀
    #-Link-Snipped-# I see the last activity in this page is quite old. With the start of January, I guess it is time to submit articles/projects for Final Year students.
    And as you rightly said,
    Ankita Katdare
    Anyone with similar project idea can get benefited a lot from this discussion.
    It would be really nice if this post gets maximum exposure! Can CE team help something. Please suggest! 😀
    Koushal Patel
    #-Link-Snipped-# I appreciate and must say the idea behind this post is awesome. 😀
    #-Link-Snipped-# I see the last activity in this page is quite old. With the start of January, I guess it is time to submit articles/projects for Final Year students.
    And as you rightly said,

It would be really nice if this post gets maximum exposure! Can CE team help something. Please suggest! 😀
    Thanks a lot for appreciatingmy initiative. Lets roll the dice. i request all CEans to share their experience . The thing which every human must do is" Pass on your experience with next generation!!!"
  • anusha kotha
    anusha kotha
    My topic is about corporate recruitment system and data mining with big data
  • nandu44
    nandu44
    My topic is about "Database Migration".
    Database Migration is a tool and Java API to migrate data from different sources (XML, DBF, CSV and JDBC) to another (DBF, CSV, JDBC, TXT). Configuration is specified by an XML file defining source, target and Schema transformations of the data.It is a generic database migration tool. It can be connected to any Database that has a JDBC type 4 driver and generates data definition language script, insert statements, data files and related files to migrate the source database to any destination database. Currently it supports Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSql as destination, as well as source databases.
    An question and answer format would be more beneficial and your experience about your viva voce
  • josef99
    josef99
    Hello there
  • josef99
    josef99
    #-Link-Snipped-#.. great post.. lets have some discussion.
    #-Link-Snipped-# related frequent questions..
  • haritha dubaka
    haritha dubaka
    my topic😛RIVACY PRESERVING RANKED MULTI-KEYWORD SEARCH FOR MULTIPLE DATA OWNERS IN CLOUD COMPUTING
  • Rajitha Jakkampudi
    Rajitha Jakkampudi
    My topic "OPTIMAL DISTRIBUTED MALWARE DEFENSE IN MOBILE NETWORKS WITH HETEROGENOUS DEVICES"
    if anyone of u are familiar with this can u plss discuss..
  • vinesh kumar
    vinesh kumar
    my project name is "DEVELOPMENT OF MOBILE APPLICATION FOR TRANSPORT NEEDS".
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    vinesh kumar
    my project name is "DEVELOPMENT OF MOBILE APPLICATION FOR TRANSPORT NEEDS".
    If you need us to share sample questions for this project, you will need to share all details about your project, so that we can let you know what kind of questions you can expect from the external.
  • Lavee
    Lavee
    Hi,
    My topic is Online Classified engine...
    Lavee
    Hi,
    My topic is Online Classified engine...
    Elaborate a bit so that experts may have a opinion/suggestion towards your topic
  • Pragati Deshmukh
    Pragati Deshmukh
    My topic is automated coffee machine. Due to this automation there is no need of picking and placing cup below the tap manually.
    Pragati Deshmukh
    My topic is automated coffee machine. Due to this automation there is no need of picking and placing cup below the tap manually.
    How doea it works? Does it serve you coffee if cash was deposited like a coke vending machine
  • H.Harshad mehta
    H.Harshad mehta
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    This discussion may look insane to many of you but the idea behind this discussion is to share what you know in your field.
  • H.Harshad mehta
    H.Harshad mehta
  • H.Harshad mehta
    H.Harshad mehta
    My topic is: optimisation ofengine process parameter on diesel engine by avocado oil
    with the blend of biofuel
    With full details and viva
    H.Harshad mehta
    My topic is: optimisation ofengine process parameter on diesel engine by avocado oil
    with the blend of biofuel
    With full details and viva
    Please furnish more details like name of biofuel, adding proportions and more so that fellow CEans will try to help.
  • H.Harshad mehta
    H.Harshad mehta
    Elaborate a bit so that experts may have a opinion/suggestion towards your topic
    My project is optimisation of engine process parameter by avocado oil with blend of bio fuel
    Your project also related that only so plz qive ur opinion with viva voce #-Link-Snipped-#
    H.Harshad mehta
    My project is optimisation of engine process parameter by avocado oil with blend of bio fuel
    Your project also related that only so plz qive ur opinion with viva voce #-Link-Snipped-#
    My project deals with extraction of biofuel using neem oil by transesterification process and blending it in various proportions with diesel and check its performance in single cylinder diesel engine.
    Hi CEans. I had finished my VIVA just few days back and I want to share my experience with you guys.
    POINTS TO REMEMBER:
    * Prepare the basics of the topic in which you had done the project.
    * Never panic
    * Prepare a presentation which is simple and explains the content to the best extent
    * Externals would like to know whether its a cost efficient one and has feasibility.So try to create charts and cost analysis to show your project is worth trying and cost analysis will cut short the doubts in externals mind. Add the cost analysis of your project at the end.
    * Don't add graphs or datas which you hadnt taken or know it in depth because adding unknown graph or copied data's can screw you.
    * Never argue with externals. Answer them politely and make them understand as they don't want to insulted by a UG student.
    * Always take fabricated workpiece or model with you during the project as it has marks.
    * Note that the coming external will not be a expert in all topics so the probability of asking basics is high.

My experience:
    My topic: Performance test on Single cylinder diesel engine fuelled with Neem Biodiesel

My viva questions:
    You would be shocked or think that the first question was so easy, idiotic and I hadnt extected this question.
    1) What is biodiesl?
    Correct Ans: Biofuel blended with diesel
    2) Which process did you use it to extract biofuel and is it cost effective?
    Ans: I used Transesterification process and it would be cost effective if performed in a large scale.
    3) What is the unit of Co emission in gas analyser?
    Ans; I said it was ppm and I argued for it to be correct but I failed as it was % in most gas analysers and some journals had said that it was ppm.

I request all Final year and 3rd year students to utilize this thread and i urge the CEans who had passed out of college to make this thread more beneficial and interesting.

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# and all other interested CEans.
    Possible viva voice questions:
    * Why you had selected avacado oil for blending with biodiesel?
    * Which biofuel you had blended it with diesel to get biodiesel?
    * Does this idea helps in cutting down emissions?
  • H.Harshad mehta
    H.Harshad mehta
    Please furnish more details like name of biofuel, adding proportions and more so that fellow CEans will try to help.
    With blend of diesel by mixing of avocado oil is the ratio of
    Example: 70ml diesel and 30ml avocado oil
  • H.Harshad mehta
    H.Harshad mehta
    In single cylinder diesel engin@sarathkumar chandrasekaran your project also same likely but we r using oil
    Give your project details
    H.Harshad mehta
    With blend of diesel by mixing of avocado oil is the ratio of
    Example: 70ml diesel and 30ml avocado oil
    Are you blending avocado oil directly to diesel?
    If yes do you know the fire point and flash point of the blended fuel?
    I doubt about the direct blending of avocado oil with diesel.
  • H.Harshad mehta
    H.Harshad mehta
    Yes man,we r directly mix with diesel and avocado oil and without trans ester I fixation
    Bro best u send ur project report in my mail I'd and I want to known abt single cylinder engine briefly with the definition like bhp.bp.and IP and specific fuel consumption and composition of avocado oil
    Are you blending avocado oil directly to diesel?
    If yes do you know the fire point and flash point of the blended fuel?
    I doubt about the direct blending of avocado oil with diesel.
  • mongol
    mongol
    Hello everyone, was interesting to read your article. Usually i'm reading The New York Times - Breaking News, US News, World News and Videos, but now i will read you too!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

https://hostcabi.net/domain/crazyengineers.com Check out this link! @Kaustabh Katdare
Apple is planning to make texting while walking safer by introducing a new Application called "Transparent Texting" which allows users to see what is in the front of their eyes...
Is anybody help me?............. How to do it?.................
Lava has announced a new addition to their range of mid-range smartphones today. The Lava Iris 550Q was unveiled at a price tag of Rs. 13,000. The launch date of...
Lets Start Discussion for ISRO 2014 Preparation and probable Question !!