Videocon VPhone Grande | Price: Unbelievable | Features : Not Bad!

Videocon has announced VPhone Grande, a budget phone priced at Rs. 1950.00 for Indian mobile consumers. Budget phones we've seen so far (and we're talking about those priced under Rs. 5000) were all pale looking and boring without exception. Videocon seems to have found a ray of hope in making these phones look funky and stylish to attract consumers. Make no mistake, the phone is quite decent one for the price and can easily give a non-geek an impression of a premium phone. Let's have a look at what all this phone offers for a little less than Rs. 2000.

First things first: The phone has a 2.8" QVGA display and offers bigger fonts to make it easier for the old people to read stuff effortlessly. The internal storage allows for storage of about 1000 contacts and about 500 text messages (SMS). You may however expand the internal storage to about 32GB, which is enough to handle storage needs of an average mobile user. Things worthy of keeping in mind if you are thinking of buying this phone are: A2DP bluetooth support available, Micro USB is not supported and the device is capable of playing popular file formats like mp3, 3GP, MP4 (Video).

vPhone-Grande-Price โ€‹

On the connectivity front, you will get GPRS (aka 2G) and FM radio with recording facility. You'll be able to connect your headphones or earphones through the standard 3.5mm audio port.

The USP of this device is the number of regional languages it supports including Hindi, Tamil and Punjabi. The unit is powered by a 1100 mAh battery, which should give you ample talk-time and backup life. Videocon mentions the SAR value of the phone at 0.6820 W/Kg. Note that lesser the SAR value, the better it is for your health. Read another discussion on the topic of Mobile phone radiation SAR - iPhone5S is worse on CrazyEngineers.

The phone is available in two colors to suit your needs and more information about the phone can be obtained from the official website linked in the source below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    With the given features, this is indeed an unbelievable price !!!

Looks (in comparison to any feature phone) - pretty decent, Battery beating even Nokia feature phones, and price Whooff !!

I am sure, Nokia (110 / Asha series) / small manufacturer wants to save their low budget phones, they have to think something out of blue to save them.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    videcon looks greater and a better competitor for gione budget phone.
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    No doubt it is killer phone under budget...at unbelievable price Videocon gives tons of features..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘...let see how people responds to this ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vishal_lokhande
    No doubt it is killer phone under budget...at unbelievable price Videocon gives tons of features..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘...let see how people responds to this ๐Ÿ˜
    Well, I won't call the phone feature rich; but I think it's an attractive model that you can get for under Rs. 2000. The buyers must be aware that the phone runs on a custom firmware; and not Android!
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I won't call the phone feature rich; but I think it's an attractive model that you can get for under Rs. 2000. The buyers must be aware that the phone runs on a custom firmware; and not Android!
    But I think under Rs.2000... we don't much think about underhood OS..rather than we see features and battery backup..๐Ÿ˜€
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    wow videocon these days is coming with new ideas !!!!!!!! nice

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hii all, I have tried to gather some viva questions(basics), please let me know if they are helpful. I am trying to collect few more.
I've selected Real Time Energy Monitoring system for my final year project. I wanted to know how does this monitoring system is employed and what are the basic requirements to...
Is there any sensor which can detect anything in the range of 100 meter and can it gives the output in voice ?reply asasp.TIA.
Quote: Bad things can happen when the mechanical gearbox in a megawatt-scale wind turbine gets overstressed. An unexpected wind gust can drive turbine blades hard, so hard that the torque...
what is a scope of plc & scada & what skills it requries??