Videocon Launches India’s First 4K UHD Smart TV: Price, Specs And Features

Videocon Industries Limited, a large and diversified Indian company, is the first Indian brand to launch 4K ultra high definition (UHD) smart television in India. The five Smart TV models have the price range from Rs. 91000 to Rs. 999,990. The Videocon VKR40QX-ZSA models feature screens sized between 40 inches and 85 inches. The screens have a resolution of 3840x2160 pixels whereas the 1080p High-definition television (HDTV) has a resolution of 1920×1080 pixel. The Smart TV has many stunning features. Let’s have a look at them one by one.

TV

You can watch your favorite TV shows, matches, movies etc. in 3D as the Smart TV is enabled to convert 2D content in real time into 3D. You can have an instant access to your personalized TV content and settings by using facial recognition feature. The UHD 4K can go into sleep mode when you are not in room and wakes itself instantly at your arrival. You can add more fun to your life as you can play motion sensing games by using your mobile; all you need to do is to download the gaming app into your phone. Videocon’s smart hand gesture recognition feature helps you to change channels, adjust volume, tune various settings, etc.

Phone

Hang on, there more in the list. The Smart TV allows wireless access to PC, iPad and mobile. Updates for the 4K UHD TV software can also be downloaded by using existing internet connection and after the download is complete, you can plug the updates using the USB Flash Drive into TV.

App

The picture quality is defined by Dynamic Contrast Improvement (DCI), Dynamic Contrast Correction (DCC), Backlight Technology and screen has a viewing angle of 178°/178°. The Audio Output Power (RMS) of 4K UHD is 2×15W.

It seems that buyer’s requirements were studied carefully while elaborating the innovative features of the TV. Do you think this venture by Videocon will be a game changer in the ever competent television market? Share your views with us in the comments section.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• ArijitChatterjee
    ArijitChatterjee
    Very basic UHD display, with below average features:
    Pros:
    1) Picture quality is definitely sharper than a Full HD TV
    2) 2D to 3D conversion works OK
    3) Blooming issue exists, but can be brought down by bringing backlight level to at least 60 from 100
    4) MEMC feature improves motion fluidity
    5) USB 3.0
    Cons:
    1) Limited picture control setting. No separate contrast setting, No colour setting (Only modes are Vivid, Mild and Normal, Changing MEMC level, Backlight etc puts it on User mode instead)
    2) No auto upscaling. Mobile mirroring generates a very low-res screen.
    3) Gesture Control is as good as not being there.
    4) Android 4.2 based OS. Limited Apps
    5) Camera is 1 MP only.
    6) No HDMI 2.0. Maybe the 2 HDMI ports provided are HDMI 1.3 (not even 1.4)!! Chances are that when UHD COntent comes in, this TV will not be able to consume UHD content by HDMI.
    7) OS extremely clunky and not user friendly.
    8) Only 1.02 Billion colors. Maybe a 10-Bit processor, instead if 14-Bit.
    9) No Online user manual, support or FAQ on website for Videocon’s 4K TVs
    10) Intel WiDi doesnt work with Windows 8.1. Though ithis could be a Windows issue.

Verdict:
    If you want a budget 4K, go for Vu. My advice is to save up more money and go for LG, Samsung or Sony, to be future proof.
  • mayankit
    mayankit
    feeling cheated.It is simply nothing.Not for future.Once 4K content become reality.It will get outdated for sure.Waste of money.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to pursue an Industrial Training in Java after btech for having confidence in Java and getting good job. Will it help me? or I will just waste my...
For over last 8-10 months, I've never used the internal speakers on my iMac. Why? Because the internal speakers in a Mac can never match the awesomeness of the Audio...
When we heard news about Jeff Bezos’ ambitious project of delivering goods via drones we were astonished. We discussed the pros and cons of this service and even cracked a...
I-Infinity, a Mumbai-based privately held Marketing and Advertising company, was founded by Rakesh Galav. Rakesh completed his B.E. in Telecom Engineering from Sardar Vallabh Bhai Regional Engineering College in the...
Gionee Communication Equipment Co. Ltd, the fast growing Chinese smartphone and phablet brand in India is here with a new Android 4.4 KitKat powered device called the 'Gionee GPad G5'...