Video Transmitting

i want to interface the output of the wireless camera to a lcd display(128x128) pixel colour display. i want to transmit sound also.
its for a surveillance robot.
1. is it possible ??
2. how do i do it ??
3. what will be the cost?
4. on what areas should i search to get the materials related to this stuff ??

Replies

• desijays
    desijays
    ramu_mssr
    1. is it possible ??
    Yes it is very possible

ramu_mssr
    2. how do i do it ??
    You will need a camera that can transmit wirelessly on a particular radio frequency and and a receiver that can receive signals on that particular frequency.

It will be easy if you use standard components. You can use wifi for both. But that depends on getting a camera that can transmit in wifi mode.

Or you can connect the camera to a computer that is wifi enabled. That way, you can transmit images and sounds from your computer to another computer in adhoc mode. But Im a little ignorant about the technical issues.

ramu_mssr
    It depends. But I can go as far as saying you will find yourself with a hollow pocket by the end of this. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ramu_mssr
    You should first get some background info about what you want to do. Probable place from where you can get help would be the internet ofcourse. And then, there are some survellance companies here in india, that you can approach. You don't have to go with the intention of buying something. Just give them the impression that you are. And get the information you want, from the standpoint of a potential customer. I hope that helps.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well said, desijays ๐Ÿ˜€

Ramu_mssr , take a moment to update this thread and let us know if you need further information.

-The Big K-#-Link-Snipped-#
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    i want to interface the output of the wireless camera to a lcd display(128x128) pixel colour display. i want to transmit sound also.
    its for a surveillance robot.
    1. is it possible ??
    2. how do i do it ??
    Fist off, I have already said this before, know what you are doing. And I hope u have done that ๐Ÿ˜€

Ok so here are some Q I have to ans yours.

1. Whats the out put connector of the cam? Composite? RGB? VGA? what kind of plug is it? look at 3.

2. Whats the input of the LCD display like? Composite or RGB?

3. Composite is like a yellow wire you normally see from dvd to tv etc. RGB and VGA is like a pc serial connector.

4. These are the MOST BASIC Q of all, so in your post you must specify all this information.

This might be useful:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • skeletonX
    skeletonX
    hai...i'm doing my air video surveillance by using matlab.i'm glad if someone can help me...please...
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Answes:
    1>Check o/p of Wireless CAM
    2>Check i/p of LCD
    3>Sound recievance is possible
    4>as per technical specification of the cam if coding done properly then 1 issue will generate on viewing a full screen display on LCD.Image may get distorted
    5>Wireless Cam will be around a 8000-10,000 INR or may be less in Grey market
    6>You can get it easily onto some Electronics Mall or Shopping mall/Grey market for budgetry need.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    In addition to what just2Rock listed, a LCD controller chip may be required.

There are some wireless cameras that already have transmitters embedded in them, and they come with their own recievers. The output of these video recievers are usually in 1 Vpp 75 ohm composite.

If the Camera is on its own, then research for Audio/Video Transmitters and Recievers. They come in various frequencies.. 900Mhz, 1.2Ghz, 2.4Ghz..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

New CEans! ๐Ÿ˜€ This is the place for you. If you have problems understanding how Forums work, feel free to get acquainted with CE here! Of course, older ( ๐Ÿ˜...
We have a good bunch of Chemical Engineers on CE ๐Ÿ˜€ ! But unfortunately, we still do not have enough discussions on Chemical Engineering. Chemical Engineers! Join the forces by...
I will try out my first poll here ! ๐Ÿ˜‰ The poll is about this new section!
hello CEans... name:roktim engg trade:electrical occupation:student(final year b-tech) vission:to be a perfect technician(like Nicola Tesla) why i join crazyengg:coz i'm a crazy engg full of vague ideas. hobies:the list is...
CEans! Its a pleasure to introduce new feature on our beloved CE forums - The Multi Quote Feature! Did you notice the "" button in each post? That's multi-quote button!...