very confused after almost 4 years of my degree

I have completed my B.Tech\IT degree in 2012. I always wanted to become programmer and that is the reason I choose engineering after completing my diploma. I have also completed diploma in information technology. I couldn't get placement in any of the company which came to my college. After completion of my degree I started looking for job and worked in few of the companies but I was not satisfied with the salary. Again I started looking for the job and I managed to get the job in a reputed company with decent salary but not as a programmer. I am still working with this company as technical support representative where my job role is to assist the customers with their technical issues in software which is developed by our company. Its been two years I am working and I don't see any growth. My age is 27. I want to prepare for IBPS PO exam. I need your advise if I can go ahead and prepare for this exam or I can continue with this job. I really need your suggestion.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - What are the roles and responsibilities of a PO? My best guess is that it does not involve any kind of programming or IT related work.
  • Prasant1988
    Prasant1988
    I am looking for change now... I am no more fresher that any company will consider me as a programmer. It's been a long time and I don't want to waste my time in searching the job again. I want to seat and prepare well for government exam. Any suggestions will much appreciated.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, you seem to have figured out already and it's clear in your mind. You should prepare for the exam.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mahindra recently launched the new Scorpio Adventure in India for a starting price of ₹ 13.07 Lakhs (ex-showroom, Mumbai). Based on the Mahindra Scorpio S10 variant, the SUV packs in...
ASUS's mega popular ZenFone series in India just got a new entrant with the launch of the company's revamped variant the 'ZB452KG' model ZenFone Go 4.5. The phone is special...
I'm an ardent follower of the Indian startup scene; and when the very well (read hyper) funded companies shut their shops; I do my own analysis of what went wrong....
Is your device security the most important thing for you? Does your work require high privacy? Well, then the Solarin handset is for you. Sirin Labs, a British-Israeli company, is...
Hello guys, I'm a B.E. grad 2015 who's completed software testing course and looking for job opportunities. So, I got this opportunity to work from home for a company (LLC)...