Value of Gold

Often I hear 'A nation's worth is determined by how much gold it has' and 'The cost of gold never depreciates'. My question is why?​
Why is gold so valuable? Something is valuable once you have use for it not so? What are the major uses of gold that make it so valuable. If you don't have use for something you throw it away.​
Or is it its rarity that makes it so valuable, so valuable that it is used as an indicator of a nations true wealth. How many applications can you find for gold?​

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gold is valuable because it's rare. But it's a big fat lie that a nation's worth is determined by the amount of Gold it has.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    But what can be gained by misleading the masses? What are they trying to achieve? And who are 'they'?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Gold is a commodity that is it. Do you know in India we purchase Gold in Dollars and not in Rupees from the world market.

This is a vicious cycle By which the currency of a super power is drawn out of a developing country just to create a demand for the super power's currency. This demand pushes the value of the super power's currency in the local market. But the local currency loses most of its value in the process as it does not enough resources to balance the amount of Super power currency it has.

PS: I did not want to post name of countries here that would be too lame

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am working on automatic image annotation for my major project. In this project, features of image are extracted and note are provided to that image depended on the feature.all...
Currently all the budget phones have swarmed the market and taken over, and a few days back there were rumours about Micromax releasing a Jellybean update for its A110 model....
discuss about making a career for cs engineer in isro
LG has introduced a 'Smart Video' feature soon to be integrated with their latest Optimus G Pro phone. The feature detect's users eye movements during video playback and if you...
hey friends i am pursuing BE from mechanical..right now i am in 3rd year.. i want to know what should i do for my better future in mechanical.. i have...