Vacancy for a Principal Engineer – Active Vehicle Control at BAE Systems in Barrow-In-Furness, UK

Principal Engineer (C&I, Active Vehicle Control)-00040496

Would you like to apply your knowledge of control systems design to cutting edge submarine control systems, which determine the way in with the submarines move through the water, dive, and surface? We currently have a vacancy for a Principal Engineer –to join the Active Vehicle Control team at our site in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria.

As a Principal Engineer – Active Vehicle Control, you will be responsible for the design and integration of control systems at a safety integrity level (SIL) 3. This will include requirements management, system design, and integration into the wider platform.

As a Principal Engineer – Active Vehicle Control your main responsibilities will include:

Control system design for SIL 3 systems, considering integration with the wider platform
Gathering requirements from customers relating to the boat control and/ or hydrodynamic systems
Carrying out system design for control and instrumentation systems
Interfacing with customers, suppliers, and other related engineering teams
Mentoring junior members of staff within the team to encourage their professional development

As a Principal Engineer – Active Vehicle Control your skills and qualifications must include:

Degree (or equivalent) qualification in relevant field, or substantial control systems design experience
Demonstrable experience in control systems design and control theory application
Previous experience of applying control theory to a vehicle programme or similar platform

As a Principal Engineer – Active Vehicle Control your skills and qualifications will ideally include:

Experience interfacing with suppliers
Previous submarines experience

What we're looking for in you:

We are looking for a strong communicator due to the supplier facing elements of this role. You must also be a good team worker, able to collaborate with other stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary environment.

Salary: Competitive

Interested? Apply here: #-Link-Snipped-#

BAE Systems

BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.

Maritime – Submarines

BAE Systems Maritime Submarines has been safely delivering world class submarines to the Royal Navy for more than a century. BAE Systems Maritime Submarines is home to the design, build, test and commissioning of the Astute class - the Royal Navy's latest and most capable generation of attack submarines. In total, seven of these state-of-the-art vessels will make up the fleet, each weighing a mighty 7,400 tonnes.

Split across nine UK locations, and with more than 5,000 employees, the business is also the industry lead for the successor to the Vanguard class of nuclear deterrent submarines.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.

BAE Systems welcomes applications from all sections of the community.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi dudes, I want to do PG- DESD after B.E. Could someone tell me about the exam pattern for section A,B&C of C-CAT. Where can I find previous papers of...
Acer unveiled Spin 7 in the country touted as the world’s thinnest convertible notebook at INR 1,09,000. The Windows 10 Home-based device features a 14-inch full-HD IPS panel with a...
So I saw a post about mice and just came here, I think I can find Indian people here. I've been online for 2 hours searching for a mouse. I...
Hello all, Recently when learning programming language, I accidentally found out an interesting relationship between prime number and Fibonacci number. That is, a positive integer number can be analyzed as...
After announcing CrazyEngineers IO back in August, our small team got 10x busy! I think we should have kept everyone updated about what's happening behind the scenes at CrazyEngineers so...