Using PHASE VOCODER in MATLAB

Hello ppl..
i m a new bie..
i m a student of electronics engg.
i have a project of "developling a voice converter in matlab which converts male voice to female voice in Real time & then implement it on DSP Kit.
i m using the demo in Matlab 7 & above with the call command of "dsppitchtime"
it is a PHASE VOCODER
i need to ask some basic conceptual questions.
1- How by changing or altering Phase we r changing the Pitch i mean what is the relation of Phase with Pitch??
2- In Phase Vocoder what do we mean by "Phase Calculation" and "Over-lap add"..i mean what is the theory behind it??
3- What is the theory behind "Analysis hop size" and "Synthesis Hop Size"??
plz reply...i;ll b thankful

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, CE has associated with Technorion '09 organized by G.H.Raisoni College of engineering 😀 Official Website: GHRCE > Technorion > 2009 About Technorion: Technorion is a national event organized by...
VNIT has organized its annual fest - AAROHI '09 😀 ! Head over to their official website - AAROHI 09 - Home [PS: I'm waiting to hear from the organizers...
hello everyone , MY friend is in search of a good book for UNIX and Shell Scripting , i need a book which can give the basics first and a...
Hi all, We all share the toughest problem we solved and not able to solve in your life. Problem = Maths / Physics Problem ( Don't share personal problems please)...
Friends I'm doing my mini project Walking Stick For blind. The obstacle detection seems not much tough. But we are a liitle bit confused about pits and digs. When suddenly...