Using nodejs to develop Dashboard - Help Needed

Hello,
from past 1week i have been study nodejs, to develop a real-time Dashboard.
Requirement is : When ever there is a change(update, insert,..etc) in the database, dashboard should display it to the client,
i have been stuck in learning-learning, wanted to start the project, dont know where to start
CEans help me?

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    For node.js, you must have basic knowledge of Java Script, some server side language say PHP and deep knowledge of Ajax Concept

I will try to explain you node.js in brief

Say I have a chat application

User1 : Enters something and press send,the message will be retrieved by some server side language say PHP, that will communicate this message to your node.js server, as soon as it will receive message, it will communicate it with your script; that a new message has been received.

Now normal ajax request will be made that will fetch data from database and populate it in table where your chat application is showing messages

You might have noticed the utility of node.js that it informs your script itself to do something instead of script checking continuously to perform udate

Coming to your dashboard project, as you have mentioned that you want to show data on your dashboard on real time basis

Follow these steps

There will be 4 files roughly

1: showdata.php (that will show data through ajax)

2: crud.php (to perform crud operations)

3: ajax.php (to fetch latest data)

4: node.php (that will act as intermediator) START working on this at end

First complete 1st 3 files then post them here, then we will start on last and final step.

Also try to read some tutorials from internet, you will find a lot of help there

Again I am saying, instead of reading them, try to implement them step by step from installation to a basic application to print "welcome message"

Once this is done, then things will be damn easy for you.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    @#-Link-Snipped-# thanks for your reply.

cannot we develop only using node.js without php
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    no in order to interact with database such as mysql you need php, other wise you can use mongo db that i guess (not sure) don't require any knowledge of PHP
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# sorry ignore my previous reply, yes, you can implement it through just node.js no php and all 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Menthal is the name of a new app on Android that lets the user keep a track on his or her usage of the smartphone. Developed by a team of...
what are the general electrical faults occurs in steel plants? If the process done by electrical arc furnace and secondly ladle refining furnace.
Here's a small exercise for your brains. Superconductors have been the holy grail for most of the researchers because of its potential to change our lives. This discussion is dedicated...
Hello friends, my name is Shyam and I did my bachelors in Computer Science from Ruparel college back in 2004. So yes, I am not an engineer though I hope...
While the existing 3D printers find their raw materials in plastic and rubber, the recently announced Mark One 3D chews a tougher bread- carbon fiber. Designed by Gregory Mark, this...