Use your pendrive as ram

hi,
how can anyone use his pendrive as his ram in his pc.............if any ce knows the process please help...........

Replies

• lovejeet
    lovejeet
    it's a feature in Vista, not available on XP................ you can use your pd as a ram, but it doesn't help out much, since pd is much slower in data transfer as compared to the RAM.
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    okkkz but i searched for it in google i have found an software called ebooster.....................but it doesn't create any difference as in my opinion..............
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    what you actually want to do?? you just want to enhance your system performace or anything else??? most of such softwares may be malicious, so download them from trustworthy source....
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Pen Drive is slower than Hard Disk and Hard Disk is for sure slower than RAM. So remember, there's no way one Storage Device can replace the efficiency of RAM... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    i just want to enhance my system performance............
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    praveenscience
    Pen Drive is slower than Hard Disk and Hard Disk is for sure slower than RAM. So remember, there's no way one Storage Device can replace the efficiency of RAM... ๐Ÿ˜”
    i want to know how much a 2 gb ram cost..............
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    just remove graphics effect in your computer. It definitely boost your speed.
    If you are working on Photoshop or working on graphics then buy graphic card. 1Gb ram in enough for XP.
    vaib840
    i want to know how much a 2 gb ram cost..............
    Not more than 250 INR... ๐Ÿ˜€
    So what is the configuration you've got with you?
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Hello #-Link-Snipped-#
    where are you man?? 2Gb ram for 250 INR. Please send me 50 ram. At may place they are above 2000/- INR#-Link-Snipped-#
    Oh! Sorry... Did you ask RAM? I thought pen drive... Well, this topic was about pen drives as RAM right... So, got confused... Transcend costs you 1150 for DDR2, 850 for DDR3... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    praveenscience
    So what is the configuration you've got with you?
    i have 1 gb ram.............a core 2 duo processor and 250 gb harddisk ,,,,,,,,not have graphic card............can you tell me which company graphic card is good...........i need a one gb graphic card.......
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    praveenscience
    Oh! Sorry... Did you ask RAM? I thought pen drive... Well, this topic was about pen drives as RAM right... So, got confused... Transcend costs you 1150 for DDR2, 850 for DDR3... ๐Ÿ˜€
    i have one more question what is the difference between DDR2 and DDR3 ..............which is the main difference......
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    @vaib840
    in basic sense , DDR3 is better than DDR2 because it offers a faster speed (increased frequency) in operation and is bit more efficient on power consumption too (1.5v as against 1.8v).

the price quoted by Praveen is accurate. In my opinion, avoid going for Transcend, paying 150 rs extra will get you Corsair rams with their superb 10 yrs warranty and rma services. Else go for Kingston (rs 825) or Hynix (rs 700).
    Remember these prices are regular market prices and tend to change very frequently. If you are a regular customer of a particular shop of if you can bargain well, you may get these for about 100-150 cheaper.

kindly mention your budget for the graphic card as there are various types of these cards retailing from 2k -15k ๐Ÿ˜›
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    thanks optimystix for info.................my budget for graphic card is around 3k-4k............can i get an good graphic card in this budget or i have to increase my budget..............and can u also suggest me about hard disk about its cost .................as i want to do a makeover of my pc..............i need a 1tb harddisk
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    please suggest me a best configuration for my pc ...............i use it heavily........like gaming,editing,coding,multimedia and for internet etc.................waiting for suggestion..........
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    1tb hdd will cost you around 2.9k

as for the graphics card
    you can go for either Nvidia or Ati based graphic cards.
    for your budget, a ATI 5570 1GB GDDR5 card from any company would be a very good one. it would cost you around 4k
    it should be enough for your current gaming needs.

for a lower range get ATI 4670 1GB GDDR3 card. It really is a very good card.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    vaib840
    please suggest me a best configuration for my pc ...............i use it heavily........like gaming,editing,coding,multimedia and for internet etc.................waiting for suggestion..........
    do u mean to upgrade your system or buy a new one ?

and what do you mean by multimedia and editing work ?

can you post detailed configuration of your system here ?
    Use CPU-Z if you want.

the topic is getting diverted from the one mentioned in the thread title. You may consider putting up a new thread for your computer upgrade.
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    i want to upgrade my system and i mentioned my system configuration in above posts............please have a look........ and i am a movie lover so i watch lots of movie on my system and use video editing and photoshop frequently ............
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    vaib840
    i want to upgrade my system and i mentioned my system configuration in above posts............please have a look........ and i am a movie lover so i watch lots of movie on my system and use video editing and photoshop frequently ............
    and with this post become an ce addict.............yupieeeeee
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    vaib840
    I have seen that friend, I need to know the motherboard model you are using. That will help in suggesting upgrade components.
    Also, are you looking for an upgrade or a new buy out ?
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    i want an upgrade ...................and its an compaq model and its just 1.5 year old..........i have no idea about mother board........
    vaib840
    i have 1 gb ram.............a core 2 duo processor and 250 gb harddisk ,,,,,,,,not have graphic card............can you tell me which company graphic card is good...........i need a one gb graphic card.......
    Dude, you know about my system??? I can say that it is faster than yours!
    Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 1.5 TB HDD, 128 MB Graphics (gone!)... ๐Ÿ˜›

Its upto the users how they maintain their systems. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    vaib840
    i want an upgrade ...................and its an compaq model and its just 1.5 year old..........i have no idea about mother board........
    Go to START. Type 'dxdiag' on the search bar. Then you can find your system configuration.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    praveenscience
    Dude, you know about my system??? I can say that it is faster than yours!
    Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 1.5 TB HDD, 128 MB Graphics (gone!)... ๐Ÿ˜›

Its upto the users how they maintain their systems. ๐Ÿ˜
    128 MB Graphics and 2 GB RAM, and you still do all that web-designing with it?
    Fatefully Yes! With Office 2010, Visual Studio Ultimate 2010 and Expression Studio 4! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    praveenscience
    Fatefully Yes! With Office 2010, Visual Studio Ultimate 2010 and Expression Studio 4! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    But i also feel that if you've got brains, you might as well make a website with a blopper of a PC.

@CEans: It's just your passion for the PC that leads you do insanity.
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    atf
    Go to START. Type 'dxdiag' on the search bar. Then you can find your system configuration.
    thanks for help...............but its more easy to find your pc configuration if you download a software called cpu z ...............it help me so much........
  • vaib840
    vaib840

MY system configuration are
    core 2 duo processor E4700 @2.60 ghz
    motherboard
    chipset intel p35/g33/g31
    RAM 1 GB DDR2
    PLEASE HELP ME................
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    vaib840
    thanks for help...............but its more easy to find your pc configuration if you download a software called cpu z ...............it help me so much........
    Thanks, downloaded it. It sure is accurate.

Since your motherboard is a Compaq design (figured that out from your earlier post), you should check the type of slots available on your motherboard for connecting a Graphics Card. The slots can vary with the motherboard used, and so will the Graphics Card.

The 1 GB ATI Radeon or NVIDIA graphics card is good to go. But for the best performance, upgrade your RAM to 2 or 3GB as well.

Moreover, check for the essential number of fans used on your CPU. I guess 3 fans are necessary.

P.S.: If you are truly looking to enhance your PC, please post your CPU Configuration as a new thread. This is getting way out of the initial topic.๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    atf
    Thanks, downloaded it. It sure is accurate.

Since your motherboard is a Compaq design (figured that out from your earlier post), you should check the type of slots available on your motherboard for connecting a Graphics Card. The slots can vary with the motherboard used, and so will the Graphics Card.

The 1 GB ATI Radeon or NVIDIA graphics card is good to go. But for the best performance, upgrade your RAM to 2 or 3GB as well.
    ok

Moreover, check for the essential number of fans used on your CPU. I guess 3 fans are necessary.

P.S.: If you are truly looking to enhance your PC, please post your CPU Configuration as a new thread. This is getting way out of the initial topic.๐Ÿ˜Ž

ok............i am going do that...........
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    vaib840
    ok............i am going do that...........
    Thanks.

@CEans: Check this page to help Vaib840 with his PC Configuration: #-Link-Snipped-#
    CPU-Z and Belarc Advisor gives you the full details... Belarc is better than CPU-Z! ๐Ÿ˜
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    can u tell me belarc is also a small software or a bigone...........
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    praveenscience
    CPU-Z and Belarc Advisor gives you the full details... Belarc is better than CPU-Z! ๐Ÿ˜
    i created this thread #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    vaib840
    i created this thread #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    thanks for that brother..............and sorry for confusion guys...........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nice Article https://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/14/t...t-a-computer-printer.html?_r=1&ref=technology
Size: 5.2 MB Find My iPhone is free for anyone with an iPhone 4, iPad, or 4th generation iPod touch (iOS 4.2 or later required).* Just sign in with your...
hey, while studying networking, i came across a device called light interface unit (LIU). can anyone tell what it is used for??
Way back we had planned to organize a movie-making contest, which due to some reasons, didn't materialize! This time we are back again with the same crazy idea hoping to...
Lecture on Strength of Materials by Dr.S.P.Harsha, Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering, IIT Roorkee. Discuss this lecture with fellow mechanical engineers. Ask your questions, doubts and contributed ideas.