Upgrade Moto G / E / X To Android 4.4.4 (Kit-Kat)

The proud owners of Moto G, Moto E and Moto X phones may now upgrade their phone's firmware to latest Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat. Google's began offering the upgrade to all the handsets over the air and it's available to all the users in India. Motorola India informed the Moto phone owners through a #-Link-Snipped-# that they have began rolling out Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat to all the Moto G, Moto E and Moto X phones. The seasoned users may already have the upgrade being downloaded on their devices, but if you are new user and want to know how to install the upgraded firmware, we've got you covered.

Upgrade Your Moto Phone To Latest Android

The steps to upgrade the firmware are pretty straightforward. First click on the the Menu icon and then find the icon that says 'Settings'. Once you are inside the 'Settings', scroll down till you find an option that says 'About phone'. Tap on it. You will now see another set of options with 'System updates' at the top. Tap on it.

Moto-G-Moto-E-Moto-X-Android-444 โ€‹

We recommend that you perform all the firmware upgrades by first connecting your phone to a WiFi connection. The firmware upgrades would usually consume several MBs and that may incur your additional costs. Once you've clicked on 'System updates', the phone will connect to the server and try to find whether the system is up to date. If the newer version of the firmware is available, the system will inform you with the details and ask your permission to upgrade. Say 'Yes' if the system asks you whether you wish to perform the upgrade.

From now onward, the system will take care of itself; download all the necessary files and install them. Your handset will restart once and then install the latest downloaded files. Your firmware should now be up to date.

What's New In 4.4.4 Android? : Well, not much! Google says that it's just a minor security update. No new features are being introduced. You should however install the latest software to keep your phone up to date with all the security related updates and patches.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I don't think they'll directly jump to 4.4.4 skipping the 4.4.3 which has some dialer UI improvements & plenty other bug fixes. Maybe the update includes 4.4.3 + 4.4.4 altogether.
    Waiting for the update, refreshing every 15 minutes. No success yet.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Moto G / E / X plans to become UN-beatable smartphones (in their respective price category) with Android 4.4.4 (Kit-Kat) upgrade

I don't believe after this upgrade their will be any competition left for the uber cool MOTO E and MOTO G.

Wait! Wait! Competition, how come?
    The devices are not available to purchase anywhere in market, are they?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# All Moto devices are in stock for now, so yes they're available for purchase ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Will be rolled out in phases.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Not in market yet!๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž Let me know if anyone finds it in any shop/physical stores/electronic stores anywhere in Kochi/Anywhere else! ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜’
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# I don't think it will be available in any physical stores for atleast few more months (or maybe never). Just Flipkart ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Screenshot_2014-07-10-15-36-46
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nothing much in this update. I wonder whether Android L will make it to Moto G. Does the Moto G meet Android L minimum hardware requirements?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nothing much in this update.
    I noticed that memory consumption has decreased in Moto E.

Screenshot_2014-07-10-18-24-54 Screenshot_2014-07-10-18-27-18

Fruitful update for Moto E users.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you happen to be one of those who believe you can't get work done or achieve your weight-loss goals without some kind of shock treatment, this may well be...
I completed my BE in EEE, I have to wait for ~1 yr (back papers), so I would like to join a course, a trending course that has good future...
Since last ~2 days, YouTube's constantly showing "An error occurred. Please try again later. Read More" message on any video that I try to access on YouTube. Allow me to...
At some point of time, most of us would have done education with traditional learning methodology, i.e. class room coaching. In older time parents used to think that, their wards...
What would be the maximum possible efficiency of an electric motor??? And what would be the efficiency difference in a series and shunt motor?