CrazyEngineers Anniversary Celebrations Week : It's Raining Gadgets!

Participate in Online Contests During 24th-28th November, 2014 For A Chance To Win :

::Read Details::

Unveiling The New CrazyEngineers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kaustubh Katdare, Jun 2, 2014.

• by Kaustubh Katdare, Jun 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • Kaustubh Katdare

Administrator

Engineering Discipline:
    Electrical
    Howdy CEans! We're super excited to roll out the all new CrazyEngineers (CE) to all of you. This roll-out is one of the biggest changes in the history of CE; because as you've noticed - we've adopted a new logo along with a brand new, flat design comprising mostly of red/black and white colors. We've put in a lot of efforts in the past few days to ensure that everything works fine; but as always - we'll rely on your feedback to help us discover and fix any broken pieces.

logo.
    Our New Logo

Getting Used To The New CE

The new CrazyEngineers has several changes and features. Some of the most exciting ones are as follows-
    • The navigation bar has been shifted adjacent to the logo, saving space.
    • The navigation bar is now sticky; so that you always have quick access to the menu and all your alerts.
    • The sidebar is now collapsible. If you want bigger real estate, without any distractions; simply collapse it. Well, have you already discovered how to do that? If not, just ask below!
    • Better Mobile Design: Reading experience on mobile phones and tablets is awesome!
    We now have a wider layout which has been tested to work on most laptops and desktops.

Take your time to make yourself familiar with the new design and feel free to ask questions if you have any.

PS: We've organised a giveaway too! Keep an eye on the announcements section!

• Like Like x 11
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kaustubh Katdare, Jun 2, 2014.

1. View From The Top
    Finally we're in the 21st century. Nice. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. queeny.heads
    Kick-ASS!! Awesome design!
    I love it!

But some threads are loading slow.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kaustubh Katdare
    :thumbsup:

I think the first load will be slower; but subsequent pages should load pretty fast. We're not done with tweaking the performance yet; so you should see speed improvements in coming days.
  4. Harshad Italiya
    I just shared CE link to one of my friend and what he said.

"It's look like engadget+stackoverflow" :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Meenakshi Rana
    Unable to collapse the sidebar, please mention the way to do it.
  6. SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    You would see a icon near the title of the discussion which will be toggling the sidebar.
    @Kaustubh Katdare
  7. Harshad Italiya
    This might help you.

Sidebar.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Chintan Umarani
  9. Kaustubh Katdare
    Aware of the bug. We'll fix it in the next up phrase.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Kaustubh Katdare
    In case you all noticed, we've made the font size a bit smaller. I think it looks a lot better than earlier size. Do you guys agree?
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. Karthikeyan jaisankar
    In the logo CE,i noticed some numerials are written 01001011 what is the meaning?? O:)
  12. Harshad Italiya
    It means 'K' :D
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kaustubh Katdare
    That's a strange discovery! We had no clue. @eternalthinker - was the number chosen randomly or did you deliberately choose it to be 'K' ?

UPDATE: The number does not mean anything! It's just a random number. How did you conclude that it's 'K'?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. eternalthinker
    Check letter 'K' in this chart :D
    http://www.kerryr.net/pioneers/ascii2.htm
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Kaustubh Katdare
  16. Harshad Italiya
    What's wrong if it ASCII value is 'K' ?
    • Like Like x 1
  17. eternalthinker
    Yes. This has been discussed when the first draft of the logo was posted in a much earlier thread :)