Universal Joint and Torque

Hello,

It's understood that rotational variances occur in U Joints as the angle of the input shaft increases relative to the output shaft. Can someone refresh my memory as this relates to torque? In other words, is there a percentage increase in torque to drive the input shaft as its angle increases to say 15, 30, 45, 90 degrees relative to the output shaft that stays at 0 degrees? If so, what's the percentage increase at each increment?

Many thanks.

Bret

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I know there are robots available which have sensors on them which allow them to roam around and return to their re-charging outlets - like the iRobot Roomba. I...
i am a first year student pursuing mt b-tech degree in EEE. Although out of my subject, i have a great attraction for bikes and cars, and modifying them. earlier...
A free eBook on power management is available for download here: https://eblast.eurospecifier.eu/043/index.html Quote: Free eBook Download Power 2 You: A Guide to Power Management and Control by Shyam Chandra Learn...
hello my name is i.v.prahlad and i have done my graduation from r.v.r & j.c college of engineering as a civil engineer. i want to learn few things about how...
So we've the good news finally - at least there's a company that understands that Indian English accent is a bit tougher to crack and has updated their software accordingly....