Unable to open .rar file + How to open Java project in Netbeans?

i hav got a project which is made in advance java. I hav asked that concerned person who hav it to mail me . So he has zipped that file in .rar format and have the symbol of internet explorer .
its not opening up..n how will i use net beans with this.
what to do..plz...help i also tried openin with netbeans ..didnt work mayb i didnt use it correctly...plz help

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the problem is mostly about opening .rar files. Do you have a .rar extractor installed on your machine? I think 7Zip is a great utility on Windows that would open any type of archive for you.

Once the files are extracted, you might want to import those files into your netbeans workspace to access all those files. I doubt netbeans will be able to open contents of .rar files directly.
  • zion
    zion
    how to import these files...
  • Ankit_Arya
    Ankit_Arya
    Just paste it in the directory or
    Follow these steps:
    1. Open Netbeans.
    2. Click File > New Project > JavaFX > JavaFX with existing sources.
    3. Click Next.
    4. Name the project.
    5. Click Next.
    6. Under Source Package Folders click Add Folder.
    7. Select the nbproject folder under the zip file you wish to upload (Note: you need to unzip the folder)
    8. Click Next.
  • Ankit_Arya
    Ankit_Arya
    Ankit_Arya
    Just paste it in the directory or
    Follow these steps:
    1. Open Netbeans.
    2. Click File > New Project > JavaFX > JavaFX with existing sources.
    3. Click Next.
    4. Name the project.
    5. Click Next.
    6. Under Source Package Folders click Add Folder.
    7. Select the nbproject folder under the zip file you wish to upload (Note: you need to unzip the folder)
    8. Click Next.
    tell me if its not working

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Everybody is on Facebook. 'Almost' everybody is on WhatsApp! FB's reached its peak already and is struggling to go mobile - which is the future of computing & communications. WhatsApp...
Hello i am doing a final year project and can anyone pliz help me with this information. i need to know if a synchronous motor can be used for dual...
Ok folks, Many of us once, in a lifetime, always wish to try some open source stuff, (I did it too, but then unfortunately have to format.) Nevertheless, I am...
The Blackberry Messenger which caught the spark and spread like wild fire is now spreading its arms into other operating system. Whatsapp which can be used on any platform and...
sir, I need weightage for subject wise for GATE exam...... And what are the Important subjects to practice for GATE exam....? And please tell standrad books to refer for that...