Unable to copy a data more than 4 gb to USB pendrive of 8 GB.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I (srinivas) bought a 8 GB sony company pendrive. I am unable to copy 4gb data. Please help me how can i copy the same.
Srinivas

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Difficult to guess problem. Are you getting any error/warning messages? Are you copying a single file or multiple files?
  • srinuvasu38
    srinuvasu38
    Thank for responding, the message is unable to copy,it is a single file.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is it a new pendrive? Have you used it before? Have you tried formatting the pen drive? Have you scanned it for viruses? Is it write protected?

PS: Asking questions is an art, right? You need to provide as much information you can so that it's easier for us to find out the real problem.
  • srinuvasu38
    srinuvasu38
    Yes, it is new pendrive. I had formatted earlier the same as you said. but the result is same.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    did you buy it from road ๐Ÿ˜€ , i have seen many people in Delhi selling such pen driveS claiming 8 gb kingston pendrive at 200 rs , and most of them are found to be duplicate
  • srinuvasu38
    srinuvasu38
    I had bought in shop not from roadside as you said, please give some suggestions regarding this
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Srinivas: Is it write protected?
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Have you use it before? I think it is a fake pen drive you can reprogram its memory chip & get proper size. Now i am collecting its information. Just start goggling you can easily find the tutorial other wise please remember me i will tell you ๐Ÿ˜€
  • cherry!
    cherry!
    That is because the limit of file size that u can copy in a single file is 4GB. Your pen drive is working fine
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    How did you format the pendrive? Did you use FAT or NTFS?

I remember reading somewhere that it is not possible to copy/create a file of more than 4GB size on a FAT32 file system! Maybe you should try and format it as NTFS.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Hi Srinu, There is nothing wrong with your pen drive an no need to panic.You had formatted your pen drive in FAT32 format previously and FAT32 will only allow 4 GB in a single file transfer so in order to transfer the file larger than that, you need to require to change the pen drive format into NTFS. In Windows XP, it won't directly show format type NTFS unless you change some properties. I hope this link given below will help you change the format. So Happy Formatting into NTFS mode for large file data transferring ๐Ÿ˜€
    How do I format a USB Flash Drive to NTFS file system? - NTFS.com
  • vlad brown
    vlad brown

You should remove write protection from your USB flash drive.ย 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i m a new member and want to make a working RC helicopter but hve no idea about its aerodynamics,control,balance,mechanism etc. can u please help me ๐Ÿ˜” m ready to...
A group of slotted ALOHA stations generate a total of 120 requests per second, including both original & retransmissions. Each request is for a 12.5ms duration slot. What is the...
1. Which of the following can be correctly deduced from the data? (Select ALL that apply) A. The total number of Techno magazines printed over the given 6-month period was...
Refer to the above table of numbers of authors and titles for XYZ Publishers. Solve these questions: 1. Over the whole five 5-year periods shown in the table, in which...
What according to you are the top start-up mistakes? I gave it some thought and came up with following list: 1) Not thinking of survival. 2) Trying to do it...