UMI Fair To Be The Most Economical Fingerprint ID Phone - Launch on Sept 25

UMI has claimed that they are going to launch the world's cheapest smartphone possessing a fingerprint scanner. For the uninitiated, UMI is a China based smartphone making company, which is very popular and is even rated as one of the top 10 Chinese smartphone companies. On their website, UMI had recently put up an announcement which said "The world most affordable Fingerprint ID smartphone". The details were bit hazy back then, but now most of the specs of the phone have been revealed.

UMI Fair will possess a metal body and will have an HD display of 5 inches. The phone will be powered by a 64 bit quad-core 1.3 GHz Mediatek processor coupled with 1 GB of RAM. The Android Lollipop phone will have an 8 GB of internal memory with possibility of expansion through microSD card. However, the expansion limit is yet unknown.

umi_fingerprint_scanning_phone

The dual sim phone will have an 8 MP rear camera with Sony’s sensor and dual LED flash, while the resolution of the front camera is 2 MP. Reportedly, the phone will support 4G LTE along with other connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. The phone will have a battery size of 2250 mAh. The fingerprint scanner of the phone will be placed below the camera sensor on back of the panel. UMI Fair will be launched on 25th September in China at a price of $99 (~ Rs. 6500).

Till now, the fingerprint scanner was a part of only mid and high range devices. It is first time that a phone with fingerprint id will be launched at such a low price. If UMI really delivers a quality fingerprint scanning phone at the cost that they are claiming, then this product might really put them in a significant position in the global smartphone market.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Gad
    Gad
    For the features, its definitely most economical.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What package should an engineer have to be considered a middle class man or a bit up in this section. I know, not just the package matters, the overall savings...
Micromax and Snapdeal have partnered to introduce the new budget-smartphone called Canvas Spark 2. Micromax is promoting it as 'India ka 3G phone' as it is priced at a very...
Just in time for the festive season that's just a month away, Intex has unveiled its all new 43-inch LED TV called 'Intex LED-4300' at a price of Rs. 32000....
Hi guys, I am searching for a way to mitigate electricity power theft. I work with an electricity distribution firm. Do you have any ideas?
Quote: I like reading billion-person books. Books, that if read widely, would change a billion lives. I like reading books where I feel my brain have an IQ orgasm. Like,...