U.S. Military Developing Exclusive, Secure 4G Network

The United States military is developing their own exclusive, secure 4G network and mobility solutions as it developers joint information environment said Defence Information Systems Agency (DISA) director, Lt. Gen. Ronnie D. Hawkins Jr. yesterday. The US Department of Defence is ready to spend $23 billion in the next 4 years to roll out the networks to make sure that their cyber defence strategy is up to date. The program will include building a secure 4G network available exclusively to the defence personnel that will connect most modern gadgets by mid 2014.

Hawkins said that the agency wants to normalize their networks so that the information can move without firewalls and into separate networks. A single security architecture is being put in place to protect data and move it across the enterprise.

slide

Hawkins further said that DISA has already developed a number of integrated voice data and video technologies which are currently undergoing testing & review. The agency is continuously exploring ethernet-over-Internet protocol pilots.

Dempsey, the highest ranking military official in the US said that there's a 17 fold increase in the cyber attacks on the nation's critical infrastructure since 2011. During his speech, Dempsey said that the department would consolidate all the 15,000 of its networks into a cloud-based enterprise platform. He said he already had a very secure phone that'd make the Batman and James Bond jealous.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    nice one when will our india develop this
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    narayana murthy
    nice one when will our india develop this
    Mukesh Ambani is already in the final stages of launching an India-wide 4G network. But the Indian military spends aren't that huge to develop its own, exclusive communication network. I think Indian military will have to develop a new type of peer-to-peer network in order to allow secure communication.

India's most of the expense on defence goes into purchasing defence products, machines and technology from other countries. That's very unfortunate.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    but our india has to develop by itself
    purchasing from others is too dangerous
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    narayana murthy
    but our india has to develop by itself
    purchasing from others is too dangerous
    You've gotta tell that to the politicians and the people who're ruling this country.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I feel that is such a waste of money and resources 😔
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    I feel that is such a waste of money and resources 😔
    I agree. The super-powers should stop manufacturing lethal weapons for 'defense'. Even if they do - they should STOP selling them to other countries. America benefits a lot from selling weapons to countries.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MIT's computer science & artificial intelligence engineers have developed X-Ray vision using low powered wi-fi signals. The research team has been attempting to build a device that can see through...
Google Inc., now not only the world's topmost search engine, but the only tech giant that can rival Apple and Microsoft, is now said to be developing an Android Gaming...
With the ever-increasing use of the Internet data traffic, thanks to growing number of internet powered devices - be it smartphone or tablets or laptops, we have reached a situation...
Startups in India note - IIM Ahmedabad's iAccelerator applications are open. The accelerator will select a maximum of 15 startup companies with most promising ideas, business plan and team for...
Hi sir I am a final year student and i wish to produce an useful product/ application for my project! I am interested on the topics: 1) Webcam Based Credit...