TZO found!

After 40 years of search, a Thorne-Zytkov Object (ZTO) has been found! A chance to get a new look (or witness the birth of a new theory) of element birth process in our universe?

Strange 'Hybrid Star' Discovered After Four-Decade Hunt | Space

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    oops you wrote "element birth process" and I read "star birth process" ^_^ making me wonder how could a star birth from a dying star and dead star
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    durga
    oops you wrote "element birth process" and I read "star birth process" ^_^ making me wonder how could a star birth from a dying star and dead star

Well supernovas are the graves of stars giving birth to stars, so it is a common, perhaps only known process of star birth ( white dwarf gas accretion is another, somewhat star formation like) , discounting the first star formation cycle. Thats about a dead star. If you talk about dying stars, which are less massive than Chandrasekhar limit but more massive than 1.4 solar masses will end up leaving behind neutron stars after supernova, while the rest > 3 solar masses (Chandrasekhar Limit) will give birth to black holes after the supernova. Stars less massive than 1.4 solar masses first become red giants and finally explode (shed their exterior), leaving behind the core called white dwarf, which in a binary system with a massive gas cloud can attract hydrogen, burn intensely for a short while, explode and repeat. So stars between 1.4 - 3 solar masses are capable mothers 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Most middle class households in India have installed the set top boxes (STBs)for their televisions and every time we hear about the rates and offers on a DTH operator's box...
With an aim to help their customers shift homes and vehicles from one place to another without painstaking efforts, Anand Agarwal and Vishwajeet Singh co-founded EZMove in the year 2013....
Videocon India has launched a brand new smartphone in India with Videocon Infinium Z40 Quad, running on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. Now, there's nothing special in the...
Hi All, I am Kul Pandey, i have done BE in ECE, 2013 Passout. I am struggling for job past one year. Please suggest me how can i get a...
Recently, the Google Playstore has been updated to version 5.0.31 with all new material design & new icon. Check the screenshots :