Two awesome articles for entrepreneurs (I Mean It!)

I stumbled upon two super-cool articles that I believe every aspiring entrepreneur or existing one should read. But the advice in general applies to everyone and everything you do in your life. So do read and share your thoughts.

Article I: "The Single Biggest Reason Most Entrepreneurs Fail In 2014" - #-Link-Snipped-# (Medium Blog)

Article II: Mark Cuban on 12 Rules For Startups: #-Link-Snipped-#

Go read.

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Loved the first one. And yeah, "If you have an exit strategy, it's not an obsession!", Awesome!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    In the second article, I agree with everything except this ->

A sure sign of failure for a startup is when someone sends me logo-embroidered polo shirts. If your people are at shows and in public, it's okay to buy for your own employees, but if you really think people are going to wear your branded polo when they're out and about, you are mistaken and have no idea how to spend your money.
    We have so many CEans here who will be very happy to wear and flaunt the CrazyEngineers Tee.

I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# here when he says these are the most awesome words -

Don’t start a company unless it’s an obsession and something you love. If you have an exit strategy, it’s not an obsession.

If you already haven't checked that first article, do read this excerpt from it -

After checking my emails, I found myself on Twitter. One of the tweets took me to an article about Ruby on Rails on TechCrunch. That article took me to Codeacademy, where I discovered you can actually learn how to code.

Then I was distrupted by a call from a friend of mine. During the call, I realized that day was actually the birthday of a friend of mine so I got on Facebook where the top post on my newsfeed was about a new social network.

I went to check what it was about and holy sh*t, that SoundCloud the article was talking about was actually such a cool thing. I spent another two hours on it.
    No matter at what age and what time you are reading this, I am pretty sure it has happened to you if you are logged on to internet all the time.

Must exercise self control. Must check - the SelfControl app.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I liked the articles for several reasons. Since it's election time in India; I often find myself veering into websites that offer political insights. It's almost irresistible and has led to wastage of several hours of my very important time. Every night I realise that I could have achieved a LOT more than reading the contrasting political opinions and views. What Ali Mese says is 100% right - and it's the problem of our generation we don't want to admit.

I've this strong urge to check my email before I go to bed. After shutting off the alarm in my phone - I check emails. If there are no important mails; I feel bad. I know it's wrong and I'd be 1000x more productive if I focused on right things at the right time.

I've decided to let go of my newfound obsession called 'Twitter' and airing my non-revolutionary political opinions to people who've no work to do in life than retweeting me or offering opposing views.

I WAS THE DISTRACTED MISERABLE GUY JUMPING FROM ONE WEBSITE TO ANOTHER, FROM ONE IDEA TO ANOTHER, WHILE GETTING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING DONE.
    = Me 👎

The second article is quite interesting. Mark Cuban's advice is sane. It's true that people love to wear t-shirts and we've had CEans proudly wearing CrazyEngineers T-shirts in public. I think the new t-shirts will let you show-off. Just wait for them 😁 .

I'm against using an app to decide my activities. If I can't control my own actions - I'm responsible for it. I don't need an app to tell what to do and what not to do. As Mark Cuban puts it: If it's not obsession - don't start a company.

Reminds me that I gotta finishing off a lot of things. Goodbye time-wasting activities!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can any one suggest me interesting and new miniproject topics on networks??
HTC Corporation in India is keeping its plate full by offering Android smartphones that cater to every consumer's pocket size. Following the news of HTC One M8 being priced in...
Think of a modular phone as a set of your Lego Bricks - you just fit them into each other, add a power brick and the phone starts working. What's...
If you use Google Chrome on your iMac or Macbook; you will have noticed that a small bell icon appears in the OSX menu bar. While it's a harmless little...
Longaccess, a Greek company found by Panayotis Vryonis, is offering an online "time capsule" that stores users' 100GB data for a long period of thirty years - and not even...