Twitter Update Prompts Users To Read Missed Tweets

Popular micro-blogging website Twitter rolled out a new update that prompts users to read the tweets they missed. Twitter calls this update the “while you were away” feature which shows likely-important tweets posted after user’s last login. With this, user can browse through several tweets that Twitter thinks are must-read for user right on the top. This is probably the first update that shows tweets not necessarily in the chronological order. The new feature was announced as a part of its major timeline highlights improvements.

while_you_were_away

Currently there are more than 500 million tweets per day based on people user follow. But even with that, there is a possibility that even the active user may miss few important tweets. Twitter captured exactly the same point which can now give even better experience to users. The update will allow user to explore Twitter with ease and find the relevant content whether user stays online for the day or visits for few minutes. #-Link-Snipped-# earlier in November 2014 and is currently available to particular section of users. The update will be rolled out to all remaining users soon.

Interestingly, the feature looks somewhat inspired from Facebook. “While you were away” is aimed at preserving the tweets to keep user engaged. Reports also suggest that Twitter is working on “instant timeline” that displays content without the need to search accounts to follow. Just as Facebook shows top stories, based on users’ likes and comments, Twitter’s update also sounds similar. Recently, widely used photo-sharing app Instagram took over Twitter in terms of user base on social networking. Thanks to Indians, Facebook still tops the list with over a billion users.

Via Twitter rolls out ‘while you were away’ recap feature | Twitter | The Guardian

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Multinational conglomerate, Samsung has announced that all of its Smart TVs in 2015 will work on a new smart platform based on Tizen operating system. In order to give the...
2014 was the year of wearables as a plethora of smart wearables appeared in the limelight. Among all the wearables, smart watches were very successful in grabbing peoples attention. Initially...
Each mobile messaging user has experienced the freak-out when a message gets sent to someone it's not supposed to read or when having second thoughts after hitting the 'send' button....
A new tablet featuring the Windows 8.1 operating system has arrived in India as HP Stream 8 makes it way on across e-commerce portals in the nation. The Wi-Fi enabled...
I want to share a very bad incidence which happened with me in 2013. While staying in Pune, during my absence (I was in office), someone theft my laptop and...