Twitter Redesigns Profile Pages; Looks Even More Like Facebook

About a year ago, Twitter had brought the concept of header image in user profile pages to make them more personalised. The only problem was that the header image was hidden behind your profile photo. So in a bid to get rid of this problem, Twitter got inspiration (read copied) from the way Facebook designs its profile pages. Just like Facebook profile pages, soon your profile image will be on the left and just on top of it a large header photo. The upcoming changes include the option of pinned tweets. Pinned tweet work in the same way as pinned posts on the CrazyEngineers forum. Users can select only one of their tweets to appear on top of all other tweets.

Twitter 1

When you visit someone’s profile page you will soon be able to filter their tweets into categories like Tweets (text only tweets), Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies. All of the aforementioned changes will be applicable to the web version and there is no information on whether these changes will make their way to mobile apps or not. To make sure the public gets a sneak peek of the forthcoming changes, Twitter has updated profile pages of a small group of people that consists of movie stars, international TV personalities, sporting leagues, singers, musicians and United States’ first lady. To find out which celebrities are now the part of this exclusive club head over to the source link below. The rollout to the masses will commence in a few weeks.

Twitter

So what do you think of these changes? Participate in the poll and select the appropriate choice. If you have something more to say head over to the comment section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    I hate it but we have no option but just to accept it.
    The reason why I hate the redesign is, it focuses more on photos rather than texts. Previously I liked Twitter because I could escape from the photos and even photo comments being uploaded to Facebook into text only Twitter. I started hating Twitter when it started showing thumbnails of images on the Twitter feed instead of just a hyperlink to it. Now with this update images have now become the heart of Twitter rather than the simple witty lines of text.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I just found that change in someone's profile on Twitter. I guess the change it rolling out gradually across the globe.

Last time we checked, Facebook had copied Twitter by bringing the "trending topics" feature through hashtags.
    Why become more like something else when you can be yourself and do better?
    Instead of becoming more like Facebook, Twitter should just sell themselves to Facebook. That would end the copying each other trend.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like the designers have reached the perfect design; and nothing looks cleverer than the three column layout. Switched my own twitter profile to the new one and it still feels like nothing's really changed.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Switched my own twitter profile to the new one
    How did you do that? Is there a manual update option?
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-# How you updated your profile to new look?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rajni Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-# How you updated your profile to new look?
    It asked me whether I wanted to switch to the new profile and I said yes. I could be a limited roll-out as of now. Should be enabled to all users in coming days.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    I have just received the new updated profile page. I appreciate the way they have managed to enhance the update profile function. As you can see from the image below, every update field is in the correct place and its looks more intuitive.
    Twitter
    I do not like the fact that Twitter has made the page design for wide screen monitors only and people like me using 4:3 monitors have to scroll about.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Attention everyone, the update has now been rolled out to everyone.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - It looks like the most designs are being aimed at widescreen monitors. I wonder how CrazyEngineers looks on your screen.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - It looks like the most designs are being aimed at widescreen monitors. I wonder how CrazyEngineers looks on your screen.
    CE works fine on my 4:3 monitor since the layout of CE is a responsive one. It adapts to any changes made to the browser instantly.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    And now CE is officially on the new design too -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I m looking for 6 month internship(in 7th semester ),which is compulsion in our curriculum , in any reputed company of Civil Engineering or Information Technology. CGPA (a.v. 5 sems)...
Which refrigerants will be used after 2020? CO2, R410a, R134a, and maybe something new 😀 Is Effectiveness circulation will have a lesser impact on the ecology?
TomTom India, the company providing location and navigation products and services for years, has launched an al new high-speed multi-charger for smartphones and tablets. The next time you're traveling in...
Quote: An ultra-cheap 3D printer has hit its Kickstarter goal in just 11 minutes, with some lauding it as the first mass market version of the technology. Makers M3D have...
Here's wishing our beloved VoiCE team member, an amazing blogger, a dedicated crazy engineer and an awesome individual a very, very happy birthday! 😁 Keep up the good work and...