Twitter Advanced Search Gets 'Search By Date Range' Feature For Tweets

Twitter, the micro-blogging giant, has come up with a facility that lets user search for tweets between a date range. This makes it possible for Twitter users to search a tweet from a particular day by a particular person. The facility wasn't available as a direct feature till date. Those wishing to look for a tweet done on say April 1st, would have do some manual work. In other words, those who are aware of how search works, could use the “since:” and “until:” operators to do the trick.

With the new feature available in the #-Link-Snipped-# page, users can easily start looking for what they want to read provided they know the time period when it is tweeted. To start using the feature, users can go on the results page of their initial search, and click on the Advanced Search tab, fill in the appropriate fields and click 'Search'. In the Advanced search page, users will find a Dates tab with ‘from’ and ‘to’ sections. A calendar has been added to each of the sections so you can easily select the period. Here's how it looks -

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 2.27.29 PM
Do let us know if you find this feature useful through comments below. If you are an avid Twitter user, you might find this feature super-useful. It was spotted first by the folks at Twitter Now Lets You Easily Search For Tweets By Date Range • TechCrunch and no official declaration of this small feature was made by the Twitter officials.

If you are going to try it right away, we recommend that you select “All Tweets” if you’d like to see everything, instead of just “Top Tweets.” Happy tweeting!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

XOLO has officially announced an all new 6-inch device called the 'XOLO Q2500 PocketPad' in India today. Powered by a 1.3 GHz Quad Core MTK 6582 processor, the XOLO Pocketpad...
Microsoft plans to take on Siri, Google Now, S Voice and all other voice assistant software, by coming out with their own smartphone assistant, “Cortana”. This software is one of...
Intel made a number of important announcements on the second day at a conference in China. These include a new range of processors, codenamed "Braswell", a 64-bit kernel for Android...
I want to know that..is it possible to switch from QA to Software Engineer?
Hello everyone, I feel just a little uncomfortable sharing my real name just yet so I will settle for calling myself Void Runner. I have been on and off this...