Turning Smartphone into Touch Pad

Hello guys, I am a final year student of Computer Science and now its time for me to start my final year project. I want to create a mobile app that will turn your smartphone into touch pad. The app can connect smartphone or PC through USB cable or you can also go into wireless mode using the same network connection on both devices.
In short when you connect your mobile device to the computer via USB, the screen of mobile device should act like a touch pad & you can use it for free hand drawing and also as a replacement to mouse (for desktops).
Kindly tell me is it a great idea to make that kind of app for a final year project? Also please guide me from where should I get start and what technologies should I use for that purpose? What topics should I read to get help while completing this project?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# It's a good idea, although you should know that it has been implemented before. There are apps like - Remote Mouse, gPad, Remote TrackPad and TouchPad on the Android's Google Play Store that let you do just that.

Assuming that you want to build your own version of these apps, I think it's best to get started by building your basics on the topics of - Java, USB connectivity, PC apps etc.

Could you tell us what exactly do you need to know? Have you developed apps before? What is your current knowledge base?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi frnds.anybody have ntt data previous papers?
i have completed deploma and degree in civil engg and now searching for job then what should i do means should i prepare for Gate or do job...ples give some...
I have no business posting this as it is way off axis for me. Still, it may be useful to some engaged in this line of activity. So here it...
Quote: The contest will run for next three months in four phases of Registration, Project Abstract Submission, Final Project Submission, and Review & Result Announcement. Best PCB designs, as selected...
Quote: This is the first in a series of tutorials on detailing how to build an Internet of Things (IoT) application with resin.io. Resin.io is an a modern approach to...