Turn Any Regular Bike Into Electric Bike With Rubbee

Meet Rubbee - the small unit capable of turning any regular bike into a powered 'electric bike'. Ideal for those who don't want to own a full-fledged electric bike but still want to have a convenience of getting driven electrically; say in rain. Well, Rubbee's got you covered - it's a waterproof unit that mounts on the rear tire of your bike and turn your bike into electric bike. The mounting and unmounting is idiot-proof.

slideā€‹

The machine clamps to the seat-post with the help of a quick-release lever. It's designed in such a way that it will always be 'pressed down' on the rear tire so that the electric roller is always in contact with the rubber of the tire. The roller itself is made from a special polyurethane compound mix idea for maintaining the grip and not causing wearing of the tire.

Under its hood, the Rubbee has a powerful 14.4 volt, 280 Wh battery that powers the electric motor to deliver a top speed of about 25 Kmph. The battery will last for about 25 kilometers, which should be enough for most of the riders. The Rubbee adds only 6.5 Kgs to the overall weight. The battery can be fully charged in about 2 hours.

The machine can be controlled by a throttle mounted on the handlebar. We've a video from the official Kickstarter page, check it out below-

ā€‹
Via: #-Link-Snipped-#ā€‹

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Amazing piece of innovation! Simple and practical in most conditions.
    Since the coupling is directly to the tyre, it might get a bit tough on muddy roads I guess.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Innovative, simple and portable but price is too much $1,370. (Around INR. 80KšŸ˜²)
  • mail154
    mail154
    ianoop
    Innovative, simple and portable but price is too much $1,370. (Around INR. 80KšŸ˜²)

šŸ˜²
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well this is a tech to look much into

Price no wonder we have globalisation and countries like India and China they are good in implementing this at lesser cost

PS:Have anyone noticed the hand drawn load rickshaw tweaked to run on motor
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    if you press the brakes hard, then won't that affect the life of the motor, since there is no clutch mechanism involved here ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any Algo's for barcode geneartion???? Can we develop any Application for generation of Barcode in java Proramming language?? how??
Most of us might have heard about business tricks and business deals. A lot of family businesses have been going on over the years throughout India and the whole world,...
For Example Take CS or Chemistry. The Study Is Also Given as an Arts Degree and also as an Engineering Degree. But Why The Engineering Degree is Always Preferred? What...
Hello everybody, I am a student of 3rd year electronics engg. I wanna join gateforum for as a coaching class. but I am confused .. Is the correct time to...
Here's the great article I recently found : https://www.zdnet.com/happy-birthday-openstack-how-did-you-grow-up-so-fast-7000018266/ Wanna share somthing with us, CEans ? Pensu you have to say something here, you work in Openstack šŸ˜