Truedialer App From Truecaller Provides Information About Person You Are Calling

Truecaller, an app that tells you all the important information about the caller, has released a new app called Truedialer. The new app does the similar job and provides you with information about the person you are about to call. The app will be initially available on Android and is expected to head to other platforms over the course of time. Truecaller recently raised about $60million in the form of VC funds from Atomico Investments and Sequoia Capital. The company wants to be the default search engine for all the contacts in the world. Quite an impressive and massive goal, right?

The truecaller app has gathered a huge database of contacts and relevant information via their original offering - the truecaller app. The truecaller app collected user information from various phonebook providers, its deals with twitter, yelp etc. Whenever you get a phone call from a number, the truecaller app quickly searches for the information in its database and brings you all the information about the caller; even if he/she is not in your contact list.

TrueDialer-Truecaller-App

The truedialer app does the same; but at the time of dialling a phone number. The app quickly searches its massive database and finds all the information it can associated with the phone number you are dialling. The functionality of identifying voice spam numbers has been incorporated in the truedialer application. If you are calling a spammy number, the app will quickly inform you about it.

Truecaller currently has about a billion phone numbers in its database. The company will keep both truecaller and truedialer apps different to keep them lightweight. While the truecaller app received a lot of traction and popularity; we're not sure whether the truedialer will receive the same reception from the users. What do you think?

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
Download App: #-Link-Snipped-#
Recommended Reading: How does true caller work? (With Comments From Truecaller CEO, Alan Mamedi)

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Really fascinating¡¡¡ but does it have any privacy issues?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ☕ I never get too many calls from unknown numbers. I think it's good to use TrueCaller and now TrueDialer in offices. TrueDialer could prevent people from dialing wrong numbers.
  • Shrikant Swami
    Shrikant Swami
    The concept is new and good.
    1. Hope there are no adds during calling or receiving call.
    2. How about privacy violation i.e. keeping my personal number safe and secret. You see for normal PSTN subscribers, the telecom company builds a telephone directory. But people are highly reluctant to share cell phone numbers.
    3. Last what info is share about caller? Definitely it is not going to be wikipedia info.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shrikant Swami
    The concept is new and good.
    1. Hope there are no adds during calling or receiving call.
    2. How about privacy violation i.e. keeping my personal number safe and secret. You see for normal PSTN subscribers, the telecom company builds a telephone directory. But people are highly reluctant to share cell phone numbers.
    3. Last what info is share about caller? Definitely it is not going to be wikipedia info.
    The points you've raised are good. The only thing about privacy is that you can't control it anymore. If I've your contact number and I've installed Truecaller, your details get uploaded to truecaller's server. So you cannot make anonymous call to any truecaller user in the world.

I haven't used it; but they won't reveal any 'very personal' information. The only information they have access to is the information you've already put out on the Internet, knowingly or unknowingly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: "I've been seeing these blue particles flush out of patients' gums for several months now," wrote Trish Walraven, a dental hygienist from Texas. So she told a co-worker, consulted...
OPPO Electronics Corp., one of the leading manufacturers in electronics from China, has added not one but two jewels to its glowing crown at a global launch event held in...
When we look back in time, we can't refrain from admitting that HP has the lion's share in putting an ink-jet printer in every household and office space. Now it...
simba1992 submitted a new project: Spy Robotic Vehicle - Spy robot that can climb stairs This is a strong robotic vehicle which can climb stairs , having a camera which...
Pansonic has strengthened its line of powerful toughpads with a new 7-inch tablet named 'Panasonic Toughpad FZ-B2', introduced as the company's most flexible Android-powered business tablet yet. As we take...