Trending Topics + Topic Subscription For Everyone!

CrazyEngineers now lets you see the trending topics and also subscribe to the topics of your choice! Let us show you how-

1. Trending Topics: See the sidebar? There's a new tab that says 'Trending Topics'. It shows the topics that are trending on CrazyEngineers, through 'Tags'.

2. Topic Subscription: This is really cool and works the same way as 'forum subscription' or 'discussion subscription'.

Say you want to be alerted or notified every time there's a discussion about your favorite topic on CrazyEngineers: Viz. Android, 8085, Skyscrapers, Apple, Samsung et al. You can now choose to be notified through 'alert' along with an email whenever there's a discussion that involves the topic of your choice.

Here's how to do it:-

1. Visit: #-Link-Snipped-#

2. Click on the topic/tag of your choice. If it's not listed, there's a search box for the tags/topics. Let's say you click on 'Android'.

3. All the discussions that have been tagged with 'Android' will be listed; with a new 'Watch Tag' link at the top.

watch-tag

4. Click on 'Watch Tag' link. An overlay will ask you whether you want to receive an alert or an email whenever any discussion is tagged with 'Android'. Make your selection.

5. Receive notifications and be happy!

PS: This feature has been launched in beta and we will make changes based on your suggestions. So let us know your feedback below.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PS: We want your feedback to make the things useful for all of us! So don't shy away from posting.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    WOW ! Trending and watch both are super awesome features.

I was just wondering that how can I find all the threads related to my favorite topic.. say Android, every time I had to go and use search for the same. Now Trending ,had made my life tremendously easy.

Super like.

Just wanted to know how can I add more tags in trending?
    Say I want to see robots / biomedical ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Trending tags are calculated based on activity. The more a tag is used, the more are its chances of getting into trending topics. The ability to create tags has been limited; because we want to stop its abuse. Only the tags worthy of being added to tags will be added. We're going to perform a cleanup of the tags in coming days and several spammy tags will be removed from the system.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Curious to know whether CEans are finding the new features useful. Have you subscribed to any of the tags?
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Curious to know whether CEans are finding the new features useful. Have you subscribed to any of the tags?

Today while searching for a topic i clicked the 'Trending Topics' tab. My topic was not available there.

Just a Suggestion/Question Is it possible to have a 'search by tag' option on the 'Trending Topic' Tab? (I Think it'll make our search more refined/easy) as the one which we have here #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - You can search for specific tags from the tags page. The search engine is at the bottom of the page.

Update: Okay - you want the search box right in the sidebar, right? Well, we'll have to see if we can add that. However, if you search for any topic of your choice, the sidebar will quickly show the relevant tags.

We're planning for rolling out the [HASHTAG]#tagging[/HASHTAG] functionality to all our seasoned members. The decision however is yet to be made.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - You can search for specific tags from the tags page. The search engine is at the bottom of the page.

Yes I have already seen it.

Update: Okay - you want the search box right in the sidebar, right?

Yp Expecting the same.

However, if you search for any topic of your choice, the sidebar will quickly show the relevant tags.

How about providing a link to move to tag page on the same tab?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now that we have announced trending tags and subscription facility for tags/topics on CrazyEngineers, I was wondering if all of you would like to have the [HASHTAG]#tags[/HASHTAG] facility. It works...
Today is Earthday. To me every day is earthday. However, symbollically potted a kalanchoe that profusely flowers scarlet florets in winter. Poor thing is confused by al the climate change...
I'm senior software engineer in L&T Infotech. I love open source technologies that's the reason I work in Drupal development. I have 4+ yrs of experience in this domain. I...
Sony India has officially launched its latest Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) running smartphone - the Sony Xperia M2 Dual in India at a price of Rs. 21,990. Powered by a...
Drupal has emerged as one of the leading content management systems in the Internet domain. Winning several awards for the flexibility and usability; Drupal has attracted several developers to extend...