Traveling Through Universe Faster Than Speed of Light Possible Theoretically

The enticing world of Star Trek has not only attracted sci-fi fanboys, but also researchers and scientists who were intrigued by the many concepts shown in the movies. In a recent research news, Geraint Lewis, Professor of Astrophysics at University of Sydney, has been found to share that the new findings from the world of mathematics prove that there's a mechanism for us to travel through the universe at a speed nominally faster than the speed of light - A phenomenon referred to as 'warp drives' in Star Trek series. As shown in the movies, Warp Drive is a hypothetical faster-than-light propulsion system fitted into a spacecraft.

According to Prof. Lewis, Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity that he wrote in 1915, could be decoded in the next 100-200 years to give us a solution that lets humans travel at high-speeds across the universe. He says that by understanding how space and time can bend, scientists could elevate their space travel ambitions even further.

space-travel-theory

He also talks about space-time wobble, in that how researchers are striving for half a century to detect such wobbles. The new gravitational telescopes with high sensitivity are being built for detecting the gravitational waves - the ripples in the curvature of space and time (a theory first proposed by Albert Einstein in 1916).

It is now being said that if Einstein's general theory of relativity is coupled with the scientific know-how of quantum mechanics, the next century is likely to unravel the deeper and darker secrets of the universe.

What are your thoughts about time warp drives from Star Trek? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys I'm new to this forum but I have some knowledge about electrical. now the situation is what that I m inneed of a mini project ideas. Guys anyone...
Hello all, I'm working as Assistant manager - Electrical in a fertilizer ltd., I've a plan of writing GATE 2016. I need to know the best ideas for cracking the...
helo, i am praveen. i am studying B.E mechanical engineering at jansons institute of technology, coimbatore.my hobbies are reading news paper and writing tamil essay.i am very interested to join...
Hi guys, I came to know this crazy engineer by my friend. I have dilemma in choosing my career. Could anyone help me?
So I opened about 55 finder windows simultaneously accidentally. I'm running Yosemite on my 2011 iMac and I wanted to find out the total size of all the folders I've...