Translate From Sanskrit To English

Does anyone know how do we translate Sanskrit to English? It will take much time to do manually. Is there any application that will reduce my task?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sanskrit isn't currently supported in Google Translation Service. It's quite 'odd' considering it's grammatically perfect language. I even wonder why the language has almost vanished from the curriculum. Maybe because there aren't good Sanskrit teachers left anymore.

That said, it looks like there aren't any popular tools/services available online to do the task. Looks like manual translation is the only way to go forward. Maybe you could crowdsource the entire task and get it done faster.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Whoa, I googled up and I couldn't find any readymade online tool for this job. As Biggie saidIn case we have some sanskrit experts here, we can help people translate some verses here. ЁЯСН
    The site #-Link-Snipped-# can be a bit useful.
    In sanskrit, if multiple people are involved for translation - we will be able to land up on a near perfect conversion in English.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Sanskrit isn't currently supported in Google Translation Service.
    Yes, it is odd. Although, you can write an email from your gmail account in sanskrit (devnagri script). Google offers that. But translation is not available.

AbraKaDabra
    Whoa, I googled up and I couldn't find any readymade online tool for this job. As Biggie saidIn case we have some sanskrit experts here, we can help people translate some verses here. ЁЯСН
    I want to translate a whole book. So I thought, with the help of translation tool, I can arrange the jumbled up words to form a meaningful sentence.

Looks like I have to do it manually. Thanks for the help.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Check this out, this may be helpful: #-Link-Snipped-#
    on this link on left side , select "other languages" and proceed.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    rahul69
    Check this out, this may be helpful: #-Link-Snipped-#
    on this link on left side , select "other languages" and proceed.
    The translation is not available. Plus they are asking me money. тШХ
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Issue
    The translation is not available. Plus they are asking me money. тШХ
    They must be providing translation after payment, as they have to hire (manual) translators for conversionЁЯШФ, guess there is no service for free translation for sanskrit cause nobody have worked for itЁЯШХ. Guess someday Google may come up with itЁЯШТ, but till then...it's manual work onlyЁЯСО
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Just posting an update here. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    In the last 3 years, there hasn't been any big change in this domain. I guess it's high time that someone develop a dedicated app or web service to do this.

I googled and found these two -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Sanskrit Dictionary Online Translation LEXILOGOS

Anyone here knows a better solution? Please share your experience here.
  • Don Bosco
    Don Bosco
    I tried to get the translation of the following mathematical verse from many. No help received so far.
    рдпрджреНрдпреЗрд╡рдореНрдЕрддрд┐рд╕реВрдХреНрд╖реНрдордГрдкрд░рд┐рдзрд┐рдГрдХрдердорд╛рдиреЗрддреБрд╢рдХреНрдпрддрдЗрддрд┐рдЪреЗрддреНрдЕрддреНрд░рд╛рд╣рдорд╛рдзрд╡рдГ

рдЪрддреБрд░реНрднреБрдЬреЗрджреЛрдГрдХреГрддрд┐рдирд╛рдЧрднрд╛рдЧрдореВрд▓рдВрд╣рд░реЛ, рд╣рд╛рд░рднреБрдЬрд╛рдЩреНрдШреНрд░рд┐рднреЗрджрд╛рддреНред

рднреБрдЬрд╛рд╣рддрд╛рджреНрдзрд╛рд░рд╣реГрддрдВрддреБрдХреЛрдгрд╛рдиреНрдиреАрддреНрд╡рд╛рд╡рд┐рд▓рд┐рдЦреНрдпрд╛рд╖реНрдЯрднреБрдЬрд╛рдГрдкреНрд░рд╕рд╛рдзреНрдпрд╛рдГрее

рдЕрд╖реНрдЯрд╛рд╢реНрд░рджреЛрд░рд░реНрдзрдХреГрддрд┐рд░реНрдирд┐рдзреЗрдпрд╛рд╡реНрдпрд╛рд╕рд╛рд░реНрдзрд╡рд░реНрдЧреЗрдкрджрдорддреНрд░рдХрд░реНрдгрдГред

рддреЗрдирд╛рд╜рд╜рд╣рд░реЗрджреНрджреЛрд░реНрджрд▓рд╡рд░реНрдЧрд╣реАрдирдВрд╡реНрдпрд╛рд╕рд╛рд░реНрдзрд╡рд░реНрдЧрдпрджрддрдГрдлрд▓рдВрд╕реНрдпрд╛рддреНрее

рддрджреВрдирдХрд░реНрдгреЛрджрд▓рд┐рддреЛрд╣рд░рд╛рдЦреНрдпреЛрдЧреБрдгрд╕реНрддреБрд╡рд┐рд╖реНрдХрдореНрднрджрд▓реЛрдирдХрд░реНрдгрдГред

рднреБрдЬрд╛рд░реНрдзрдореЗрддреЗрдирд╣рддрдВрдЧреБрдгреЗрдирд╣рд░реЗрдгрднрдЩреНрдХреНрддреНрд╡рд╛рдпрджрд┐рд╣рд╛рдкрд┐рд▓рдмреНрдзрдореНрее

рддрддреНрдХреЛрдгрддрдГрдкрд╛рд░реНрд╢реНрд╡рдпреБрдЧреЗрд╖реБрдиреАрддреНрд╡рд╛ рдЫрд┐рдиреНрдиреЗрд╜рдиреНрддрд░реЗрд╕реНрдпрд╛рджрд┐рд╣рд╖реЛрдбрд╢рд╛рд╢реНрд░рдореНрее

рдЕрдиреЗрдирдорд╛рд░реНрдЧреЗрдгрднрд╡реЗрджрддрд╢рдЪрд░рджрд╛рд╢реНрд░рдХрдВрд╡реГрддреНрддрдорддрд╢реНрдЪрд╕рд╛рдзреНрдпрдореНрее
    Can you help?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I'll ask one of the Sanskrit teachers I know to translate it. Will post back with it soon.
  • Joseph Christie
    Joseph Christie
    Apparently , the task of translating Sanskrit works into English, due to lack of qualified translators, was a problem , even 200 years ago. According to Wikipedia, "Sir Charles Wilkins, Royal Guelphic Order, Fellow Of The Royal Society (1749 ├∓ 13 May 1836), was an England Typographer and Oriental Studies, notable as the first translator of Bhagavad Gita into English"
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I know a lady who is a Sanskrit learner and a teacher. She is looking into it. Hoping that she responds with a translation. I'll update here as soon as I get a reply from her.
  • Don Bosco
    Don Bosco
    Thank you. Waiting for your update.
    Don Bosco
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    SpokenSanskrit.de has now become - #-Link-Snipped-# I tried hitting a few words I know for sure are correct translations and it gave me really good results. Unfortunately, it can only translate words and not whole sentences. Interestingly, there have been no major improvements or new services being launched in this domain.
  • Eng.asish kumar
    Eng.asish kumar
    Go to this url and translate your words #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashok Kumar
    Ashok Kumar

Gatam Paapam Gatam Dukham Gatam Daaridrayamev Cha. Aagataa Sukh Sampati Punnyaani Tav Darshanaat. Devo Daataa Cha Bhoktaa Cha Devroopmidam Jagat. Devam Japati Sarvatra Yo Devah Sohamev Hi. Saadhuvaasaadhu Vaa Karma Yadhyadaacharitam Mayaa. Tat Sarvam Kripayaa Dev Grihaannaaraadhanam Mam.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Recently, two girls were arrested by Mumbai cops owing to their comments that were said to hurt the sentiments of large number of people. The girls were later released on...
WHAT IS THE .NET 2010 FRAME WORK.PLEASE IF ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT .NET THEN PLEASE SAY TO ME
The startup culture in India might just get a boost as 'Startup-Wallah' is coming to India. The initiative is taken by Dave McClure of the 500Startups (SEC.GOV). The incubator will...
Honda has launched a new 1.6 liter i-DTEC diesel engine that is lightest in its class. Beginning 2013, the engine will make an entry into the CIVIC with 120 PS...
Radiance 2013 is the R&D festival of IIT Bombay's Mechanical Department. Consisting of lectures, competitions, exhibitions and more, this festival was first initiated in 2007 and has been continued to...