Transformer TX Is A Car-Kidnapping Drone For DARPA

DARPA - the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is building a new type of car-kidnapping car transporting drone called 'Transformer TX' which would make 'off-roading' look refreshingly new. Trust us, what you saw and played in video games is coming true and Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works division is leading a team with Piasecki Aircraft to design this drone. Transformer TX will be a compact, high speed vertical take-off and landing (aka VTOL) unmanned payload delivery system. The development of the machine currently in its 'Phase 3'.

slide

Though being designed for DARPA, the transformer tx would be useful not only in warfields, but also to carry interchangeable payloads like cargo pods, medical evacuation units, rescue missions etc. Lockheed Martin showed off the designs of the vehicles at the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) a few days ago. Company's engineers have found out that the UAVs can carry cars.

Transformer-TX

The current Transformer TX design allows for enclosed rotors that allow take off and landing in half-the area as compared to any regular helicopter. The machine will be able to do about 250 miles in a single take fill. It will be able to move with speeds of about 200 knots.

Do let us know what you think about these machines.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    So its the future of cargo and is this a proposal or a prototype model?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Won't it work fabulously alongside terminators? I feel like we are looking directly into the future. Everything Sci Fi is being materialized. In due time, we will be pre-ordering such cool stuff.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    now this is a usefull animal. i hope people do not misuse it, if it is commercialized it in the future.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    now this is a usefull animal. i hope people do not misuse it, if it is commercialized it in the future.
    This won't be commercialized. Even if it is; it'd only go to big corporations. Looks like we're all entering into a dronified world 😀
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    This one is quite excellent. This will help in rescue missions perfectly as it is said in the post. Think about Fire in tall buildings, or similar cases. About extreme floods like we unfortunately are witnessing this year. It would have been good to have these handy.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am sick of drones.I envy 'em.
    Such a wastage of money & resources. Could be used in better way.
    Judgement day is near. Google & Intel will be the Skynet.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    its like T3 RISE OF THE MACHINES!!!!!!!!!
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Does anyone believe this I dont know, but all the super cool gadgets used in sci-fi movies are a result of secret ongoing research. How in the world the directors would get the idea? This type of helicopter was used in movies, it is already in realities now.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    This is so awesome. It doesn't look that big to me, so I'll be taking the bus from now on.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey all ........my freind wants to build a F1 car for his final year project..... but we dont know much about dat stuff ..............can anyone tell me the best way...
what is the difference between a basic disk and dynamic disk?? there is a difference when we are using multiple hard disks, dynamic disks supports disk striping and mirroring in...
Carbyne is the world's strongest material - about 2x stronger than graphene or carbon nanotubes which, until now, were the strongest known materials by some margin. Carbyne is stronger &...
can anyone kindly suggest me some good and effective web sites for arduino. i am just a beginner!
Its straight from Nissan and its non other than Nissan Terrano.Nissan has stated that Nissan Terrano will be available for pre bookings fom September 1 2013.Nissan Terrano will hit India...