Training for 2nd year CS Engineers

Please give some details about training and courses for 2nd year cs engineers which will help in their placement.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rahul_a25
    Please give some details about training and courses for 2nd year cs engineers which will help in their placement.
    For the placements, you need to be absolutely confident about your knowledge of CS topics taught during four year engineering course. If you are very good in any programming language - then that's going to be a huge plus. I'd strongly recommend becoming awesome in C or C++ and know a bit about few other languages. You should be able to demonstrate your skills through the projects you've done (non academic projects would set you apart from the crowd).

You may go for a course in networking, security or latest programming languages or tools (say Ruby Language & Rails Frameworks or Python) from any reputed institute in your near vicinity.
  • Rahul Gupta
    Rahul Gupta
    Basic c++ is enough or should do advanced c++?

And, I also want to know about workshops on windows phone & android app development.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rahul_a25
    Basic c++ is enough or should do advanced c++?

And, I also want to know about workshops on windows phone & android app development.
    When I say 'mastering C++' it means you should be able to code complex projects in C++. It may include advance C++ also. You shouldn't limit yourself to what's included in the syllabus. Begin working on a complex project using C++ and you will start developing mastery.

Workshops on Android, Windows development are okay. But attending seminar isn't an achievement in itself. If you develop a few apps on your own and show them to the interviewers - they'll be more than impressed. Just a long list of seminars attended won't impress any interviewer.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    I would like to add few more points to the above reply:

1)Try coding small programs with 100% accuracy the first time.
    2)Try your hands on data-structures and algorithms.Make sure you know what tools to use while solving a problem, when to use and how to use with ease.
    3)Try solving problems on Competitive Programming | Participate & Learn | CodeChef or on projecteuler.net
    4) Like everything, it takes a lot of efforts to be proficient in programing, so keep learning with enthusiasm.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Being in second yr, you have a lot of time to improve. Make sure you are clear at
    your fundamentals, and move towards advanced concepts only when your fundamentals are solid.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What are the career opportunities for one after B.tech in mechanical engineering?
Quote: Fixing my drawing incapability with my robotics skills and to me results were not that bad. Now I can at least save my self from humiliation in my drawing...
Wishing a very happy and prosperous Birthday to @Harshad Italiya . May this day mark the beginning of a lot more success, happiness and prosperity to you. ๐Ÿ‘
I am suggesting for a SMS based notification for railway passengers. Once he get a ticket he should be notified about his journey. as he prefer he will get notification...
Tagalys, an onsite search engine, was founded by Antony Kattukaran and Palaniappan Chellappan in December 2013. Tagalys helps users easily find anything they search for within an e-commerce store. Antony...