TRAI Published Your Email Ids & Thoughts On NetNeutrality!

TRAI has put all your email Ids and thoughts on NetNeutrality out in the public. The telecom regulatory authority of India had asked for people's comments on Net Neutrality and over 10 lakh online supporters had sent an email in support of net neutrality to #-Link-Snipped-#. All those responses, along with your email Ids have now been put in the public domain for everyone to see. #-Link-Snipped-# that had date-wise links to responses received on every day since 27 March till April 24th.

Clicking on the email ID leads to the text of email that you sent to TRAI. So your views on net neutrality are out for everyone to see. We bet no one really knew that TRAI would publish all the emails in public domain. We tried opening other links on the page (linked above) but looks like the TRAI servers are unable to render the page.

Net-Neutrality-TRAI

TRAI released a #-Link-Snipped-# saying that because of large number of comments received from various stakeholders, the responses were classified into various categories viz. the service providers, service providers associations and other stakeholders which includes startup companies, individuals, groups etc. The final verdict is awaited from TRAI and you may continue to submit comments till May 8.

All statement also links to the responses submitted by all the leading telecom network operators in India and the list includes BT, Bharti Airtel, BSNL, Citycom Networks, Idea Cellular, MTNL, Orange, Reliance Communications, Reliance Jio, Tata Teleservices, Vodafone etc. You can check their respective responses on #-Link-Snipped-#.

Do let us know your thoughts on what will TRAI decide and why? Do we have strong arguments from both the sides?

Fresh news... being updated! Express your thoughts below.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: I'm not sure how many email Ids have been published; but the list does look VERY long. I tried clicking a few date-links in the PDF published by TRAI; but the server fails loading the page every time. Looks like they did a pure dump of all the emails in plain HTML files that could be several MBs in size.

I wonder what happens to people's personal information that got published? Expect a lot of spam to arrive in your inbox in the next few days. Didn't expect TRAI to do this! What do you say?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is INSANE! I tried accessing the PDF but it seems the site is too slow to load and that's a relief for the first time. Why would they do that? Are they our of their minds? Why do they want to expose personal information?

Now do we need to sign a new petition to request them to remove all the email IDs from their website? RAGE RAGE.
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    ALL mail-ids are published. The site faced DDoS attack recently (AnonOpsIndia took the responsibility), but is live now. Still no action to take down ids.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    ALL mail-ids are published. The site faced DDoS attack recently (AnonOpsIndia took the responsibility), but is live now. Still no action to take down ids.
    It's too late I guess. The spammers would have accessed and copied all the Ids already. Expect spam in the coming days.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Dumbass TRAI 😡
    They are suppose to measure pro-cons before publicizing and addresses. Now spammers got thousands of dollars in one click.
    May be they are discouraging people not to sign such petitions again. 👎
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I already see a lot of well wishers from Nigeria who genuinely want me to become rich by helping them. I'm unable to tell whether I should consider their offer.
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I already see a lot of well wishers from Nigeria who genuinely want me to become rich by helping them. I'm unable to tell whether I should consider their offer.
    Tell them you are from TRAI...maybe they will stop pestering you 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Spice Mobiles gained much popularity with its Stellar 526n smartphone that was launched this month at an affordable price with a decent set of features. Today, Spice has come up...
Quote: Low-power systems are all around us, and with the explosion of Internet of Things applications and wearable devices, they will become even more common. Understanding how to implement low-power...
Hi everyone Friends i want to know which is the toughest exam GATE or CEED. Yes both are conducted by IIT's. BUt i want to know the competition level of...
Dr. Qin Li from Griffith School of Engineering is confident of future with your mobile, TV displays capable of throwing out real-looking, full-color 3D holographic images. Dr. Li and her...
Scientists are working on the alternatives of synthetic fuel that could one day replace naturally occurring crude oil. One of the Audi’s project partner and research facility-Sunfire in Dresden, Germany...