TRAI Broadband Speed : > 512 kbps!

The telecom regulatory authority of India has finally announced that the broadband speed in India is 512 kbps! The notification released by the TRAI defines the quality of broadband service as a data connection that can offer minimum download speed of 512 kbps to individuals from the point of presence aka POP. [#-Link-Snipped-# PDF].

The earlier broadband policy, formed back in 2004 defined the broadband speed in India at a minimum threshold of 256kbps.

If you aren't getting a minimum of 512kbps from your 'broadband' service provider, you should be able to file complaint with TRAI.

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Still less. Should've made it 2mbps at least... But good to see some development.
  • Bhati
    Bhati
    [Prototype]
    Still less. Should've made it 2mbps at least... But good to see some development.
    This is a serious joke!! Copper lines are capable to carry more than 8mbps. Also more datacentres need to move into country to reduce bottleneck effect of international circuits. No hope if regulatory body is living in last decade.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Atleast this gives a illusion some development
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Now BSNL will be in much trouble. It still is circulating plans with speeds of 256kbps. My question here is what about plans in which speeds change when you have crossed the usage threshold? I was hoping for a lower limit of 1Mbps though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you think you have seen the best smartphone in the Xperia series, you are wrong because Sony has just announced Xperia C3. What makes this phone stand-out in the...
P-N Junction Diode 1. P-N junction is produced by placing a layer of p-type on one side and n-type on the other. 2. It act as the control element for...
Spice Digital Limited, previously known as Cellebrum Technologies Limited is popular for launching android smartphones and tablets at reasonable prices. This time, Spice has launched its first, low cost smart...
Hi, I am Vinodh Reddy Chennu, Mechanical Engineering Student, Studying final year at BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus, Web Designer and an article writer. I am the editor-in-chief of www.me-mechanicalengineering.com
Intra-uterine devices (IUDs) offer sure-shot method for reversible birth control but these require clinic visits and outpatient procedures that certainly no one would enjoy. Massachusetts-based startup MicroCHIPS has made a...