Toyota Unveils Camatte Concept Car With A Customisable LED Hood At Tokyo Toy Show 2014

It’s not often that you see a car manufacturer at a Toy Show but Toyota had a very good reason to be at the Tokyo Toy Show 2014. The Japanese car maker unveiled the Camatte Concept Car which is a family car that has over 7000 LEDs on the hood of the car that can be customised to resemble any doodle drawn by kids and even adults. All one has to do is create any colourful image on a paper and place it under a camera. Once the camera has captured the image, you can head over to the car and press a button to reproduce the same image on the hood of the car. To help you understand this process better, we have embedded the promotional video below.

According to #-Link-Snipped-# even though it was possible to produce a clearer high resolution image on the hood of the car by increasing the density of LEDs, Toyota says that the existing design manages to capture the essence of children’s doodles better.

Toyota 4
Toyota 5 Toyota 6
Camatte 57s Sport​

The first iteration of the Camatte concept was unveiled at the same show in 2012. The word Camatte is based on the Japanese word for caring. The car had a unique three seated design and a number of customised interchangeable panels that helped parents and children share the joy of driving and customising. This year at the Tokyo Toy Show, Toyota is showcasing two variants of this electric car. The Camatte 57s is being displayed at its Tech Lab without any body panels to help visitors take a look at the innards of the car. The visitors are able to try their hands on customising the LED hood of the Camatte 57s Sport in the Design Lab section of the Toyota exhibit.

Toyota 2
Camatte 57s​

At the present moment, we do not know for sure if this car will make it to the market or not so why not discuss the implication of such a car in the real world? Head over to the comment section below to begin a discussion.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Good and interesting idea that the Toyota has brought herewith doodling reproduction on hood but I can't think of any useful application in real world though it amuses is with led hood . I request you to post the possible applications of this new technology

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Our aim is to create the awesomest t-shirts for our fellow Crazy Engineers and as the first step in the process, we've created an ultra-tiny survey (that won't take more...
Attention Mozilla fans, we have good news for you. When you upgrade your Firefox for Android to its latest version you will be able to run Firefox OS apps on...
Imagine you are getting ready for a party or an important meeting and just when you are about to leave you are confronted with the question humanity has been asking...
PS: this is a long post/rant, grab a coffee ;-) Ever since Swift had launched I am not able concentrate on my current job and I really want to get...
Hai...i am Dhevishathya,studying computerscience engineering...here to rock as a CEan and want to learn more from the technorocks of CE community...😀