Toyota Etios Cross SUV - Price & Specs

Toyota Etios Cross SUV was unveiled at the ongoing Auto Expo in Delhi. It was high time that Toyota had to introduce a competitor to Ford EcoSport and Renault's Duster which have opened up a whole new mini-SUV markets in India. Toyota's Etios Cross SUV builds on the company's Etios platform. The price of Toyota Etios Cross SUV has not been revealed yet; but my best guess is that it'll be priced in the Rs. 5.5L - Rs. 9L segment for various models sporting Petrol and Diesel engines. Company has promised that the actual price of these vehicles will be revealed in May. Let's have a quick look at the specs of this machine.

We learn that there will be three variants of Etios Cross. DOHC Petrol (1496cc), DOHC Petrol (1197cc) and D-4D Diesel (1364 cc). The max power of these variants in order will be 66 KW @ 5600 rpm, 59 KW @5600 rpm and 50 KW at 3800 rpm. The Cross will measure 3895 mm in length, 1735 mm across and have a total height of about 1555 mm. The wheelbase is 2460mm. The turning radius of the car will be 4.8 m. The car will sport 185/60 R15 tubeless tyres.

Etios-Cross-India-Price

I do not have much information about the internals yet; but judging from the photos, the interior looks premium, with a modern dashboard. The steering wheel seems to have a limited buttons to control various functions. The car will be made available in several color schemes viz. Inferno Orange, Ultramarine Blue, Classic Grey, Harmony Beige, Celestial Black, Vermilion Red, Symphony Silver and of course, White.

I think the Cross is going to be an interesting entry in Indian markets. Do share your opinion about the car.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    It will be priced between Rs 5.5 lakh to Rs 7.5; and have a expected may launch.
    Seems to be pretty impressive in this price range.

Rather than going for top model of Swift or i20 or similar range cars I would go for SUV.

First looks, IT IS IMPRESSIVE.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Definitely an good competitor and i like " The turning radius of the
    car will be 4.8 m."Toyota etios has a better advantage over its rivals in Design and look.
  • satyajit rules
    satyajit rules
    it is little bit looking like renault duster..though dont know the real difference between the two specification wise. but its affordable price might attract customers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Inc. wants his company to develop an Android phone, reports Wired Magazine. Do you agree?
Clear car rental is a startup based out of Aurangabad in Maharashtra. Sachin Kate, the founder of Clear car rental, moved out of his native place in Marathwada for basic...
Google has today launched a new tool for video conferencing called 'Chromebox for Meetings' that it says should make the process of making video calls in offices and homes easier...
Engineers at CERN are planning for a new Large Hadron Collider, called "Future Circular Collider' aka FCC. The FCC will be 7x more powerful than the current one and have...
Maruti Celerio is already selling like a hot cake in Maruti showrooms all over India. I thought of initiating a discussion on the top three things on any potential buyer's...