Toughest Subjects In Mechanical Engineering?

Toughest Subjects In Mechanical Engineering?

Hey everyone, I am currently doing my BE in mechanical stream. As I will be entering core from this year, I would like to know what all subjects I will be facing(especially the tough ones😕).

Also I would like to know a few designing software, which could be self-learned. As i am not interested to do further studies and planning to work after BE, any other tips would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton guys! 👍

Answer:

In Mechanical Engineering, Thermodynamics is considered as the toughest subject because it involves complex concepts about heat, work and energy.

Other difficult subjects in mechanical engineering are Fluid Mechanics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Dynamics and Control Systems etc.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ulkeora
    Hey everyone, I am currently doing my BE in mechanical stream. As I will be entering core from this year, I would like to know what all subjects I will be facing(especially the tough ones😕).Also I would like to know a few designing software, which could be self-learned. As i am not interested to do further studies and planning to work after BE, any other tips would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton guys! 👍
    First of all Welcome to CE.
    Well I think there will be minor difference in subject according to university. Please share your College Name and University so you can proper response.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    3D printing and Robotics (Mechatronics) are slated to take away two billion conventional jobs in ten years. More than that will be generated in these areas.
    See if these will interest you.
  • Ulkeora
    Ulkeora
    Well I reside in Bangalore. Studying in Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering. It is under Vishweshwaraya Technology of University(VTU).
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Hi Ulkeora,
    Ok1) In mechanical engineering you should concentrate on Kinematics of machinery,Strength of materials,mazerials and metallergy,Finite element analysis.
    This is what we have studied in our syllabus.Hope it helped you.

Softwares:Autocad,Pro/E,Catia,Ansys.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Ulkeora
    Well I reside in Bangalore. Studying in Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering. It is under Vishweshwaraya Technology of University(VTU).
    VTU has Robotics and mechatronics in the syllabus.
    I have given some guest talks on Biomedical Technology at DSCE many years back.
  • Manthan Dadhania
    Manthan Dadhania
    hey
    welcome to Mech.
    i think its not depended on how much subject is hard or easy...its all depends on your area of interest...so don't worry and keep your study healthy...
  • viratvicky
    viratvicky
    1) thermodynamics
    2) thermal engineering
    3) heat transfer
    4) kinematics of macineary
    5) engineering machanics
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    tough subjects in mechanical engineering:

1) thermodynamics

easy and interesting papers:

1) engineering mechanics, solid mechanics, robotics and automation, dynamics of machinery, fluid mechanics, finite elements, heat and mass transfer, and all the rest of them.
  • amit7830
    amit7830
    Thermodynamics
    Mechanical machines design 1&2
    Kom
    Dom
    Physics 1&2
    Maths 1&3
    Measurements & instrumentation
    Etc
  • amit7830
    amit7830
    Thermodynamics
    Mechanical machines design 1&2
    Kom
    Dom
    Physics 1&2
    Maths 1&3
    Measurements & instrumentation
    Etc​
  • Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    AFAIK, Engineering Thermodynamics and Finite Element Analysis would be the toughest subject in mechanical engineering and these subjects were most important too.
    If you want to enter into a core field, IMO no need of software knowledge. Anyway i'm suggesting Creo/PROe, Catia, NXCAD and ANSYS.
  • Bala Venkat
    Bala Venkat

Oh, what a thread. I think the toughest subjects in Mechanical would be:

1. Heat Mass Transfer  ...the toughest! 
    2. Fluid Transfer
    3. Materials Engineering
    4. Design and Drafting (For my friends!) I thought it was the most interesting one!
    5. Hydraulics.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey, I'm a Second year student in IT. I'm looking for some competitions in java/c++ wherein I can put to test my skills...Preferably competitions where group projects are required...
please specify me which course is best from today point of view in cdac. specify which institute or training center is best for that particular course. i have given cdac...
Whenever I connect my Android device, following error pops on screen : I have tried connecting in all usb ports available, Same error with different ports number ('[usb:001,00x]'). Is there...
hi friend i have got 1965 a+b+c and 1563 rank for for pg desd,,,can i get to any one of the cdac plz let me know
I am facing a strange problem in loading markers on google maps dynamically it is showing markers correctly but sometimes browser is getting hanged up especially mozilla, which I could...