Total Head Transplant now feasible

One of the major problems with total head transplant is the joining of the head with the spinal cord. New techniques available indicate that this is feasible.
If the seat of the ego/consciousness is the brain, who then is the result of such a fusion?
Does it mean that Einstein can be kept eternally alive if various bodies can be found? What if the head was a man's and the body of a woman?

#-Link-Snipped-#

This video shows a dog's severed head kept alive by extracorporeal circulation:

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Setting attainable goals to be achieved in 60 to 90 days can keep Alzheimer's disease at bay. It can add meaningful years to one's life as a bonus. The goals...
Ubuntu's currently working on the custom display server "Mir" which will be replacing Xserver which we have used it for long years. (bye bye xorg, Imma take backup of my...
After Snowden's expose of how the United States government monitors the activity of people around the world, there was an uproar about protecting one's privacy. People later learned that India...
Wish you many many Happy Returns of the Day kidakaka Have a rocking year ahead. 😁 🎉 Party Time !!🎉
[updated 30/7/2013] Hi CEans, Since my short break from work is looming soon, I thought I'd just share some plans I have in mind. I hope throughout this process we...