Toshiba Satellite P50 Gets Price Tag Of Rs. 86,000 In India

Toshiba has launched the Satellite P50 laptop in India with a price tag of Rs. 86,000. The laptop is world's first with 4K (Ultra HD) display that pushes 3840x2160 pixels over the real estate spanning 15.6 inches diagonally. Note that the display is multi-touch enabled so that you have all the freedom to control GUI elements the way you want. Toshiba announced the arrival of Satellite P50 in Indian markets at an event in Delhi today. Is this machine meant for you? Let's find out.

Toshiba-Satellite-P50-Price-In-India

The P50 ships with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. Under its brushed aluminum shell, P50 offers power packed electronics including Intel Core i7 4700 HQ, 6M Cache with a clock speed of 3.4 GHz. If you require a more powerful machine, you may configure it to have up to 16GB DDR3L RAM. AMD Radeon R9 M265X GPU takes care of all the graphics and making sure that every pixel gets its illumination.

The laptop is just ~2.8 cm thick and includes speakers set from Harman Kardon; one of the leading names in the music world. You may listen to music even when the laptop is put into sleep mode.

Toshiba-Satellite-P50-India

CrazyEngineers Opinion: The specs of the machine are impressive, but the USP of this machine is its display. There are no other rivals in the market and if you want to impress you friends or colleagues with a stunning display, this is the machine for you. We wonder whether 4K will be accepted in the mainstream in coming days; but the Toshiba Satellite P50 is clearly a step ahead in that direction. Do you think the pricing of P50 is justified?

Replies

• prahu mac
    prahu mac
    nope seems to be real expensive coming to its price !!!!!!!! can't afford that much for some little things like these!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    prahumac
    nope seems to be real expensive coming to its price !!!!!!!! can't afford that much for some little things like these!!
    It's definitely on the higher side, because you can get a fairly powerful machine for Rs. ~40-50K in India. However, this is world's first 4K laptop; which means they'll have the right to ask for a premium. I think they'd have a sureshot winner if they kept the pricing somewhere around Rs. 65-70K. Below that, it doesn't make sense to make and sell 4K displays in laptops.

I'd really love to test this laptop, especially outdoors. Wondering whether 4K offers any real advantage in direct sunlight.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys! Can you tell me how important ABAQUS Software is for Instrumentation Engineering? Where is it applied?And where can I find classes and study materials for Abaqus in and...
If you've been following the FIFA 2014 World Cup, you must have noticed that the magic foam that the referees spray around the ball or draw lines with. It disappears...
Sony India has launched its new 2TB (terabyte) portable storage hard disk drive - the PSZ-HA2T that features a reinforced protective case and is engineered with a heavy silicon cover...
Finding the right app in the vast sea of apps market, which is expanding every day, is not an easy task. Quixey is a new search engine which helps you...
A must read page https://io9.com/10-scientific-ideas-that-scientists-wish-you-would-stop-1591309822