Toshiba Encore Features Windows 8.1 - An 8-inch Tablet At $330

Windows 8 promised us some interesting form factors, even though we have witnessed many devices none have given Android ones a run for their money mainly because their prices and lacklustre prices. Toshiba is trying to spice things up with its 8-inch Encore tablet that runs on the latest Windows 8.1. While Toshiba has remained mum on the detailed tech specs of the Encore tablet, the #-Link-Snipped-# lists a host of features that the customers will be getting when they get their hands on this tablet for the price of 329.99 USD in November 2013. The tablet has a HD (1280 x 800) resolution multi-touch HFFS display and has Intel's Atom processor under the hood. For a better Skype experience, the tablet comes with a 2MP front camera and dual microphones with beam forming technology. Even though you might sparingly use a tablet camera, Toshiba has followed the status quo by giving it an 8MP camera.

Encore 7
Encore 1 Encore 3 Encore 4 Encore 5 Encore 6

Encore contains all the regular sensors and Micro USB 2.0 port, Micro HDMI ports and stereo speakers. To make it more appealing for its customers Toshiba preloads the tablet with Xbox Movies, Music and Games entertainment services, Amazon's Kindle e-reading app, Xbox SmartGlass and a full version of Office Home & Student 2013. Members of Toshiba's 8-inch Windows 8.1 tablet is another weak attempt to match the iPad mini - The Verge, have managed to get their hands on a pre-release prototype and they are not impressed with its screen and performance but Toshiba has promised them that the product will be will be given software and hardware tweaks before its official launch for the public.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Toshiba has nailed it.I always believe windows 8.1 is a OS best suited for the touch screen versiom gadgets.With loads of features like 2 mp front camera,dual microphone, high resolution,and specially its price of 22 k is something making toshiba special and gives it a edge over other tabs in same price range.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This discussion can get propelled if you add some firing points to add some support to your views. So todays debate is all about the best leader that you have...
Why do Indian people prefer private hospitals over government hospitals? As we are Engineers we also have some social responsibility to find the reason behind this trend where people always...
This is the Question of many CS/IT Students on their days of college or even after that. A Student may have interest towards computers but not really on programming or...
Numerical Methods is one of the horridet and formulae filled subject I have ever seen. That being said I sort of detested it. Still the credits that offers is really...
hi guys, I am a 5th semester CS&E student. I have recently heard about the java-android certification course offered at S.T.D.C ( C-DAC trivandrum ). I like to join it....